In an average year, Apple holds three to four events. There's usually a spring event in March, the Worldwide Developers Conference in June, a September event that's focused on iPhone and Apple Watch, and sometimes an October event if there are notable iPad or Mac refreshes expected in the fall.
In this guide, we're keeping track of all of the Apple events that are on the horizon and what we're expecting to see at each one, so make sure to check back in regularly. We're expecting at least one more event in September, where new iPhones and Apple Watch models will be unveiled.
Note that the product launch information in this guide is based on rumors and estimates, and actual launch timelines could vary.
January Press Release Announcements
Apple in January 2023 introduced new 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro models that are equipped with updated M2 Pro and M2 Max chips. Apple also introduced new M2 and M2 Pro Mac mini machines and a new larger-sized $299 HomePod, with all of these announcements done via press release.
At WWDC, Apple introduced several new products, including the Vision Pro headset coming in 2024, along with the 15-inch MacBook Air, a new version of the Mac Studio with M2 Ultra chip, and an updated Mac Pro that uses the same M2 Ultra chip.
At the September "Wonderlust" event, Apple introduced the 6.1-inch iPhone 15, 6.7-inch iPhone 15 Plus, 6.1-inch iPhone 15 Pro, and 6.7-inch iPhone 15 Pro Max. All of the new iPhones have USB-C ports, the Dynamic Island, next-generation Ultra Wideband chips, and faster 5G Qualcomm modems. The iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max also have a 3-nanometer A17 Pro chip, thinner display bezels, a titanium frame, and more advanced camera systems. Apple did distinguish the two Pro models this year, adding a 3x telephoto lens to the iPhone 15 Pro and a 5x telephoto lens to the iPhone 15 Pro Max.
Apple also introduced the Apple Watch Series 9 and the Apple Watch Ultra 2, plus a new version of the AirPods Pro 2 with a USB-C AirPods case.
October 'Scary Fast' Event
Apple held a second fall event on Monday, October 30 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time. The event was focused on the Mac, with Apple introducing the M3, M3 Pro, and M3 Max chips. The new chips were introduced in an updated 24-inch iMac, 14-inch MacBook Pro, and 16-inch MacBook Pro. Apple discontinued the 13-inch MacBook Pro after the launch of the M3 14-inch MacBook Pro.
There are several other products that Apple is working on, with launch dates expected in early 2024.
Later in 2024
Later in 2024, we are expecting the following devices:
- AirPods Max with USB-C and new colors
- 11 and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models with OLED display
- iPad Air
- Third-generation AirPods Pro
- Refreshed Apple TV
Products with Unknown Release Dates
- AirPods Max - It has been two years since the AirPods Max were refreshed, so a new version could be on the horizon, but rumors suggest no major AirPods updates are coming in 2023. There have been no specific details on a refresh, but based on past launch timelines, the AirPods Max will be the next AirPods to get an update. Possible features include improved ANC, an H2 chip, and Adaptive Transparency.
- iMac Pro - Apple could introduce a larger 32-inch iMac, replacing the now-discontinued 27-inch iMac. This iMac could be released at some point in 2024, but Apple's plans continue to be unclear.
- iPad mini 7 - There is a new iPad mini in development, and it could launch in late 2023 at the earliest. Apple might, however, push it to 2024.
Further in the Future
- Foldable iPhone - Apple is allegedly working on a foldable iPhone that might be between 7.5 and 8 inches, with a launch date slated for 2023 at the earliest.
- Apple Car - There have been a lot of twists and turns in the saga of Apple's electric car development, but reliable Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believes Apple is still planning on a full autonomous vehicle rather than just an autonomous car software offering, with a launch to happen between 2023 and 2025.
2023 Product Refreshes and Announcements
- January 2023 - 14 and 16-inch M2 Pro/Max MacBook Pro
- January 2023 - M2 and M2 Pro Mac mini
- January 2023 - HomePod
- June 2023 - 15-inch MacBook Air
- June 2023 - Mac Studio
- June 2023 - Mac Pro
- June 2023 (Announced) - Apple Vision Pro
- June 2023 (Announced) - visionOS
- June 2023 (Announced) - iOS 17
- June 2023 (Announced) - iPadOS 17
- June 2023 (Announced) - macOS Sonoma
- June 2023 (Announced) - tvOS 17
- June 2023 (Announced) - watchOS 10
- September 2023 - iPhone 15
- September 2023 - iPhone 15 Plus
- September 2023 - iPhone 15 Pro
- September 2023 - iPhone 15 Pro Max
- September 2023 - Apple Watch Series 9
- September 2023 - Apple Watch Ultra 2
- September 2023 - AirPods Pro 2 (USB-C Case)
- October 2023 - 24-inch iMac
- October 2023 - 14-inch MacBook Pro with M3 Pro/Max chips
- October 2023 - 16-inch MacBook Pro with M3 Pro/Max chips
li>October 2023 - USB-C Apple Pencil
2022 Product Refreshes and Announcements
We have a list of all the products that Apple released in 2022, which can be useful for predicting 2023 launch timelines.
- March 2022 - 5G iPhone SE
- March 2022 - 5G iPad Air
- March 2022 - Mac Studio
- March 2022 - Studio Display
- June 2022 - iOS 16
- June 2022 - iPadOS 16
- June 2022 - watchOS 9
- June 2022 - tvOS 16
- June 2022 - macOS Ventura
- June 2022 - MacBook Air
- June 2022 - 13-inch MacBook Pro
- September 2022 - iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus
- September 2022 - iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone Pro Max
- September 2022 - AirPods Pro 2
- September 2022 - Apple Watch Ultra
- September 2022 - Apple Watch Series 8
- September 2022 - Apple Watch SE
- October 2022 - 10th-generation iPad
- October 2022 - iPad Pro
- October 2022 - Apple TV 4K
2021 Product Refreshes and Announcements
- April 2021 - M1 iPad Pro
- April 2021 - M1 iMac
- April 2021 - AirTag
- April 2021 - Apple TV 4K
- April 2021 - Podcast subscriptions
- May 2021 - Apple Music Lossless and Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos
- June 2021 - macOS 12 Monterey (Announced)
- July 2021 - MagSafe Battery Pack
- September 2021 - iPhone 13 models
- September 2021 - iPhone 13 Pro models
- September 2021 - iPad mini 6
- September 2021 - Ninth-generation iPad
- September 2021 - Apple Watch Series 7 (Announced)
- September 2021 - iOS 15
- September 2021 - iPadOS 15
- September 2021 - watchOS 8
- September 2021 - tvOS 15
- October 2021 - AirPods 3
- October 2021 - 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro
- November 2021 - Beats Fit Pro
- November 2021 - New HomePod mini colors
Know of an upcoming product that we've missed on this list or see an error that needs to be fixed? Send us an email here.