guide to upcoming products is designed to provide an overview of everything that we're expecting to see from Apple, both in the near and more distant future. Dates listed are not always concrete, but are based on the most recent rumors and information that we have.
We're updating the guide on a regular basis, so it will be the go to place to see every Apple product that's on the horizon at a glance. For more detail on the rumors we've heard about each upcoming item, make sure to click on the links to visit our roundups.
Coming in Early 2020
- 2020 iPad Pro - The 3D camera feature coming to the 2020 iPhones might show up in 2020 iPad Pro models first. The camera will let 3D models be captured using the iPad Pro's camera and then edited with Apple Pencil. Rumors suggest this new iPad Pro could be released in the first half of 2020.
- "iPhone SE 2": Apple is working on a low cost 4.7-inch device that's said to feature an A13 processor and an iPhone 8-style design with a Touch ID Home button and a single-lens rear camera. Pricing on the new iPhone could start at $399, and despite the "iPhone SE 2" name it's been referred to in rumors, this device is likely to be more similar to an iPhone 8 than the original iPhone SE. Rumors suggest the new 4.7-inch iPhone will be launching during the first half of 2020, perhaps as early as March.
Coming in Mid-2020
- iOS and iPadOS 14 - iOS and iPadOS 14 are expected to be unveiled at Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference, which is held in June. We don't know what to expect yet.
- watchOS 7 - watchOS 7 is expected to be unveiled at Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference, which is held in June. watchOS 7 could include sleep tracking capabilities for new 2020 Apple Watch models.
- tvOS 14 - tvOS 14 is expected to be unveiled at Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference, which is held in June. We don't know what to expect yet.
- macOS 10.16 - macOS 10.16 is expected to be unveiled at Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference, which is held in June. We don't know what to expect yet.
Coming in Fall 2020
- iPhone 12 - Apple's 2020 iPhones will introduce some exciting improvements, based on rumors. 5G wireless chips for much faster cellular speeds are said to be coming, plus Apple is going to add a laser-powered time-of-flight 3D rear camera for significant improvements to AR experiences. We could also get an all OLED lineup, with Apple finally doing away with LCD iPhones. We're expecting a 5.4-inch iPhone, a 6.7-inch iPhone, and a 6.1-inch iPhone (or possibly two 6.1-inch models), with both higher-end iPhone 11 Pro-style devices and more affordable iPhone 11-style models.
- Apple Watch Series 6 - The next-generation Apple Watch expected in 2020 is said to feature faster performance, better water resistance, and improved wireless transmission for faster WiFi and cellular speeds. A sleep tracking app may also be included, allowing for sleep tracking capabilities.
Products With Unknown Release Dates
- Apple TV Set-Top Box - Code found in an internal build of iOS 13 references a new Apple TV 11,1 model, suggesting Apple is working on an updated Apple TV. Little is known about the new device, but it could feature an A12 processor. There's no word on when we can expect a release, but it could come at any time given the hints found in iOS 13.
- AirTags - Apple in iOS 13 introduced a new Find My feature that lets iOS and macOS devices be tracked even without a data connection by taking advantage of Bluetooth, and rumors suggest Apple could also expand this into a Tile-like Bluetooth tag that could be attached to any item. It may feature AR support for locating an item in a room and leashing to alert you when an item being tracked moves too far from an iPhone. It's not clear when such a product might launch, but there are already signs in multiple versions of iOS 13.
- Mac With Apple-Made Chip - Rumors suggest Apple is planning to transition from Intel chips to its own custom-made Mac chips as early as 2020, so we could see the first Mac with a custom chip at some point during the year. Apple already makes its A-series chips for iPhones and iPads and has added custom T2 chips to a number of Macs.
- AR Smart Glasses - Apple is working on augmented reality smart glasses that could come at some point in the next few years. The glasses are said to feature a dedicated display, built-in processor, and an "rOS" or reality operating system. Input will be via touch panels, voice activation, and head gestures, and it's said to support applications ranging from mapping to texting. The first rumors suggested Apple's AR glasses would come in 2020, but now it's sounding like the product could see a release sometime between 2021 and 2022.
- Apple Car - There have been a lot of twists and turns in the saga of Apple's electric car development, but reliable Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believes Apple is still planning on a full autonomous vehicle rather than just an autonomous car software offering, with a launch to happen between 2023 and 2025.
2019 Product Refreshes and Announcements So Far
Apple released a number of updated products in 2019, with a list of the new and refreshed devices below, along with a link to a roundup where you can learn more information about each one. This list will shift over to include 2020 products when there's a 2020 product release.
Know of an upcoming product that we've missed on this list or see an error that needs to be fixed? Send us an email here