The MacRumors guide to upcoming products is designed to provide an overview of everything that we're expecting to see from Apple, both in the near and more distant future. Dates listed are not always concrete, but are based on the most recent rumors and information that we have.
We're updating the guide on a regular basis, so it will be the go-to place to see every Apple product that's on the horizon at a glance. For more detail on the rumors we've heard about each upcoming item, make sure to click on the links to visit our roundups.
Apple in January 2023 introduced new 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro models that are equipped with updated M2 Pro and M2 Max chips. Apple also introduced new M2 and M2 Pro Mac mini machines and a new larger-sized $299 HomePod, with all of these announcements done via press release.
Spring Launch Possibilities
Apple initially planned to introduce its AR/VR headset sometime around April and was intending to hold an event for the unveiling, but the launch of the device has been pushed back until June. It is not clear if we will get an April event, but right now rumors suggest we could see a 15-inch MacBook Air in the spring, and we're also waiting on new Apple silicon Mac Pro models and display options.
15.5-inch MacBook Air
There's only one MacBook Air right now, but Apple is working on a larger model that would measure in at 15.5 inches, which would be between the 14 and 16-inch MacBook Pro models in size. Rumors about the machine are limited, but it is expected to use the same general design as the M2 MacBook Air, and it could come as soon as the second quarter of 2023.
Mac Pro with M2 Ultra Chip
The Mac Pro is the last of the Mac lineup to continue to use Intel chips, and Apple is expected to transition the machine to Apple silicon in 2023. Rumors suggest that the Mac Pro will use an M2 Ultra chip with up to a 24-core CPU, up to a 76-core GPU, and at least 192GB of RAM, possibly more. No major design changes are expected at this time.
27-inch External Display
Apple is working on multiple new display options set to launch in 2023. One of these displays will be a successor to the high-end Pro Display XDR, and the other could be a followup to the Studio Display or something in between the Studio Display and Pro Display XDR.
Analyst Ross Young says that one of the displays will be 27 inches in size and will feature mini-LED technology and ProMotion support, but little else is known about them at this point in time. New display options could come at some point in 2023, potentially early in the year alongside new Macs.
Apple's 2023 Worldwide Developers Conference is set to start on Monday, June 5, with a keynote event set to be held on that day. At WWDC, we're going to see the introduction of iOS 17, iPadOS 17, watchOS 10, tvOS 17, and macOS 14. WWDC is largely focused on software, but with a new AR/VR headset on the horizon, Apple is expected to debut it at the event. If the Mac Pro doesn't come in the spring, we could also see it at WWDC.
Apple's AR/VR headset will combine augmented and virtual reality, and it is expected to be priced around $3,000. It will feature 4K micro-OLED displays, a comfortable headband, a mesh material that goes against the face, and high-end features like iris scanning for authentication and facial expression detection.
The headset will run a new xrOS operating system, and it will be focused on gaming, streaming video content, and video conferencing.
September Product Announcements
iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro
The iPhone 15 and 15 Pro models are expected in September, which is Apple's typical iPhone refresh month. The iPhone 15 models will be the first with USB-C instead of Lightning, and there could be minor design changes in store. We are expecting a 6.1-inch iPhone 15, a 6.7-inch iPhone 15 Plus, a 6.1-inch iPhone 15 Pro, and a 6.7-inch iPhone 15 Pro Max, though the "Pro Max" could get a new "Ultra" naming scheme this year.
The Pro models are expected to include a faster A17 chip built on a 3-nanometer node, and the biggest iPhone could feature periscope lens technology for 6x optical zoom capabilities.
Apple Watch Series 9
Alongside the iPhone, Apple always refreshes the Apple Watch, and we are expecting the Apple Watch Series 9 in September. There's no word as of yet what will be included with the Apple Watch Series 9 update.
It is not yet clear if the Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Ultra will also be updated in 2023.
Products with Unknown Release Dates
- AirPods Max - It has been two years since the AirPods Max were refreshed, so a new version could be on the horizon, though Bloomberg's Mark Gurman says no major AirPods updates are coming in 2023. There have been no rumors of a refresh, but based on past launch timelines, the AirPods Max will be the next AirPods to get an update. Possible features include improved ANC, an H2 chip, and Adaptive Transparency, all of which have already been added to the
- iMac - There is a new version of the 24-inch iMac coming, and it could get either M2 or M3 chips, depending on when Apple plans to launch it. We don't know specific timing as of yet, but it's likely to be late in the year.
- iMac Pro - Alongside the 24-inch iMac, Apple could introduce a larger 27-inch model, replacing the now-discontinued 27-inch iMac. This iMac could be released late in 2023, but Apple's plans continue to be unclear.
- iPad mini 7 - There is a new iPad mini in development, and it could launch in late 2023 at the earliest. Apple might, however, push it to 2024.
Further in the Future
- iPad Pro - Apple is working on 11.1 and 13-inch iPad Pro models with OLED displays, with these iPads set to come out in 2024.
- Foldable iPhone - Apple is allegedly working on a foldable iPhone that might be between 7.5 and 8 inches, with a launch date slated for 2023 at the earliest.
- Apple Car - There have been a lot of twists and turns in the saga of Apple's electric car development, but reliable Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believes Apple is still planning on a full autonomous vehicle rather than just an autonomous car software offering, with a launch to happen between 2023 and 2025.
2023 Product Refreshes and Announcements
- January 2023 - 14 and 16-inch M2 Pro/Max MacBook Pro
- January 2023 - M2 and M2 Pro Mac mini
- January 2023 - HomePod
2022 Product Refreshes and Announcements
We have a list of all the products that Apple released in 2022, which can be useful for predicting 2023 launch timelines.
- March 2022 - 5G iPhone SE
- March 2022 - 5G iPad Air
- March 2022 - Mac Studio
- March 2022 - Studio Display
- June 2022 - iOS 16
- June 2022 - iPadOS 16
- June 2022 - watchOS 9
- June 2022 - tvOS 16
- June 2022 - macOS Ventura
- June 2022 - MacBook Air
- June 2022 - 13-inch MacBook Pro
- September 2022 - iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus
- September 2022 - iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone Pro Max
- September 2022 - AirPods Pro 2
- September 2022 - Apple Watch Ultra
- September 2022 - Apple Watch Series 8
- September 2022 - Apple Watch SE
- October 2022 - 10th-generation iPad
- October 2022 - iPad Pro
- October 2022 - Apple TV 4K
2021 Product Refreshes and Announcements
- April 2021 - M1 iPad Pro
- April 2021 - M1 iMac
- April 2021 - AirTag
- April 2021 - Apple TV 4K
- April 2021 - Podcast subscriptions
- May 2021 - Apple Music Lossless and Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos
- June 2021 - macOS 12 Monterey (Announced)
- July 2021 - MagSafe Battery Pack
- September 2021 - iPhone 13 models
- September 2021 - iPhone 13 Pro models
- September 2021 - iPad mini 6
- September 2021 - Ninth-generation iPad
- September 2021 - Apple Watch Series 7 (Announced)
- September 2021 - iOS 15
- September 2021 - iPadOS 15
- September 2021 - watchOS 8
- September 2021 - tvOS 15
- October 2021 - AirPods 3
- October 2021 - 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro
- November 2021 - Beats Fit Pro
- November 2021 - New HomePod mini colors
Know of an upcoming product that we've missed on this list or see an error that needs to be fixed? Send us an email here.