How Tos, Guides, and Tips for New AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max Owners
Since their launch in 2016, Apple's AirPods have become wildly popular and are an oft-gifted item. In 2019, Apple released AirPods Pro, and this year the company debuted a pair of over-ear headphones called AirPods Max, offering more choice for consumers this holiday season.
If you received AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max as a gift, make sure to take a look through all of the how tos in this guide, because there are plenty of tips and tricks worth knowing.
- How to Set Up and Connect Your New AirPods 2 or AirPods Pro
- How to Charge AirPods, AirPods 2, and AirPods Pro
- How to Change the Name of Your AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max
- How to Use Just One AirPod or AirPod Pro
- How to Clean Your AirPods or AirPods Pro
- How to Find Your AirPods or AirPods Pro Serial Number and Check Your Firmware
- How to Update Your AirPods or AirPods Pro
- How to Answer a Phone Call on AirPods and AirPods Pro
- How to Wirelessly Charge Your AirPods or AirPods Pro
- How to Use the 'Hey Siri' Command With AirPods 2 and AirPods Pro
- How to Turn Off Automatic Ear Detection on Your AirPods
- What Does the Light on the AirPods Case Mean?
- How to Pair AirPods to Your Apple Watch
- How to Unpair Your AirPods From iPhone, Apple TV, Apple Watch, or Mac
- How to Have AirPods Announce Your Calls
Connectivity With iPhone, Apple Watch, and Mac
- How to Switch Devices When Using AirPods
- How to Check AirPods Battery Life on iPhone and Apple Watch
- How to Use AirPods With Your Mac and Customize Controls
Tips and Tricks
- How to Use Just One AirPod
- How to Set AirPods Microphone to Just One AirPod
- How to Share One Pair of AirPods With a Friend
- You Can Tap Your Ear to Activate Your AirPods
- How to Get Siri to Announce Incoming Messages Over AirPods
- How to Reset AirPods, AirPods 2, and AirPods Pro
- Lose an AirPod? What You Can Do
- How to Troubleshoot Problems with AirPods
- Only One AirPod Working? Here's How to Fix the Problem
- How Long Do AirPods and AirPods Pro Last?
Just for the AirPods Pro
- How to Control the Noise Cancellation Feature on AirPods Pro
- How to Customize the Force Sensor Gesture Functions on AirPods Pro
- How to Perform an Ear Tip Fit Test on AirPods Pro
- How to Control the Transparency Feature on AirPods Pro
- How to Buy Replacement AirPods Pro Ear Tips
Just for the AirPods Max
- How to Set Up and Connect Your New AirPods Max
- How to Customize the Noise Control Button on AirPods Max
- How to Disable Automatic Head Detection on AirPods Max
- How to Reverse the Digital Crown Volume Controls on AirPods Max
- How to Turn Off AirPods Max
- AirPods: Our Complete Guide to Apple's Wireless Earphones
- Powerbeats Pro vs. AirPods 2
- AirPods vs. AirPods Pro: Features Compared
- AirPods Pro vs Powerbeats Pro
Know a super useful iPhone tip that other MacRumors readers might not be aware of? Make sure to share it in the comments below.
For more info on Apple's latest iPhones, and the iOS 14 operating system, make sure to check out our detailed roundups: AirPods 2, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max.
Top Rated Comments
“The good old days” are never actually that good in comparison. It’s only people living in the past who say that.
How are EarPods complex? AirPods aren't complex either...the opposite actually.