If you're having a particular issue with your AirPods, or if you just want to make sure they're up to date with the latest software, then follow the steps below.
- Connect the AirPods charging case to a power source using the included Lightning to USB cable.
- Insert your AirPods in their case if they aren't already.
- Move the case near to the iOS device that the AirPods have been paired with and make sure it has an internet connection.
To check the version of the firmware that you have installed to make sure it's up to date, follow these steps:
- Launch the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Tap General.
- Tap About.
- Tap AirPods.
- Check the numbers shown beside Firmware Version.