If you're having a particular issue with your AirPods or AirPods 2, or if you just want to make sure they're up to date with the latest software, then follow the steps below.
- Insert your AirPods in their case if they aren't already.
- Connect the AirPods charging case to a power source using the included Lightning to USB cable, or alternatively if you have a Wireless Charging Case, place it on a Qi-compatible wireless charging mat.
- Move the iPhone or iPad that the AirPods have been paired with near to the charging case, and make sure the iOS device has an internet connection.
Check Your AirPods' Firmware Version
To check the version of the firmware that you have installed to make sure it's up to date, follow these steps:
- Launch the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Tap General.
- Tap About.
- Tap AirPods.
- Check the numbers shown beside Firmware Version.