All-new box with App Store and Siri support.
Apple Releases OS X 10.8.5 With Mail Fix, Improvements to AFP File Transfer Performance
-The OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5 Update is recommended for all OS X Mountain Lion users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. This update:- OS X Mountain Lion Update v10.8.5 (273.72 MB)
- Fixes an issue that may prevent Mail from displaying messages
- Improves AFP file transfer performance over 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Resolves an issue that may prevent a screen saver from starting automatically
- Improves Xsan reliability
- Improves reliability when transferring large files over Ethernet
- Improves performance when authenticating to an Open Directory server
- Addresses an issue that prevented a smart card from unlocking preference panes in System Preferences
- Contains the improvements included in MacBook Air (Mid 2013) Software Update 1.0
- OS X Mountain Lion Update v10.8.5 (Combo) (831.13 MB)
Alongside OS X 10.8.5, Apple has also released security updates for OS X Lion and Snow Leopard:
- Security Update 2013-004 (Lion) (113.23 MB)
- Security Update 2013-004 Server (Lion) (161.17 MB)
- Security Update 2013-004 (Snow Leopard) (331.5 MB)
- Security Update 2013-004 Server (Snow Leopard) (406.49 MB)
The update also includes Safari version 5.1.10 for OS X Snow Leopard (48.40 MB), which contains security fixes and is recommended for all Snow Leopard users.
Apple is also working on the next version of OS X, Mavericks, which is expected to debut in the fall. Mavericks includes multiple new features like a tabbed Finder, full screen dual monitor capabilities, Safari improvements, and new apps for both Maps and iBooks. Apple has thus far released seven Developer Previews of the new operating system.