Got a tip for us? Share it...

Apple Seeds OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 Build 13E19 to Developers

mavericks.pngApple today seeded build 13E19 of OS X 10.9.4 to developers, just over a week after seeding the second OS X 10.9.4 beta and more than a month after the public release of OS X 10.9.3, which included enhanced support for 4K displays and syncing improvements.

The beta is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store and should be in the Mac Dev Center shortly.

It remains unclear what improvements the 10.9.4 update will bring to Mavericks, but it is likely to include bug fixes and stability enhancements. Apple is asking developers to focus on Graphics Drivers, Bluetooth, Audio Drivers, Finder, App Store, and Safari.

Update: The new build is now available in the Mac Dev Center.

Related roundup: OS X Mavericks

Top Rated Comments

(View all)

5 weeks ago

AND . . . that excuse, is lame. That is all people with your point of view typically say. We have a stable OS in Mavericks. Why not improve it rather than reinvent the wheel every time. A lot of people feel this way and a lot of people don't. Just because you thinks it "funny" doesn't mean you are right. I have come to expect more from Apple. I feel this should not be even at the developer stage yet. It will release in a few short months. What have they been doing all this time?


lol.

itt

people who have zero understanding of what dev. preview means.

these releases aren't meant to be stable system wide, necessarily. they're meant to preview, test, develop new technology implementations and/or "improvements" over older technologies.

if you didn't get your dev. previews via torrent sites, you'd actually understand what dev. preview means.

lol

you can keep your mavericks or whatever OS you bloody well want. it will eventually become deprecated. However, really, that won't necessarily matter depending on how satisfactory your OS + software solution is for the implementation of the desired end result your needs indicate.
Rating: 9 Votes
5 weeks ago

Mavericks is dead. We want Yosemite!!! :D


I want stability. Something that's been lacking in OS X in recent years.

A new OS per year is ridiculous.
Rating: 7 Votes
5 weeks ago

Then I would steer clear of 10.10. Seems the opposite of stability from what I can gather. Not sure how that classifies as progress, even at early beta stage...[COLOR="#808080"]

----------


IT'S A DEVELOPER PREVIEW. It's not even at beta stage yet! Jeez. People say the funniest things!
Rating: 6 Votes
5 weeks ago

Mavericks is dead. We want Yosemite!!! :D


I'd like it if companies actually FIXED existing software instead of just rapidly releasing new software.

The existing stuff isn't fixed, and the new stuff introduces new bugs. Those new bugs won't get fixed, because they will just release a newer new product instead.

Bluetooth sometimes just "dies" on 10.9. Apple Mail has lots of issues in 10.9. Will these be fixed with 10.9.4? Who knows. Are they fixed in 10.10? Who knows.
Rating: 5 Votes
5 weeks ago

I want stability. Something that's been lacking in OS X in recent years.


What has been unstable about it? I've been running Mavericks as soon as it came out and not a single kernel panic, little to no problems with Safari and pretty much everything working as planned (I guess not using gmail also helps the situation).

A new OS per year is ridiculous.


Why is it ridiculous? it is nothing less than a rolling release with features being added only when mature and taking bite size changes rather than trying to cram a **** tonne of features into a single release then running around like headless chickens for the next 6 months fixing bugs.
Rating: 3 Votes
4 weeks ago

So having numerous pageouts and the system slow to a crawl with just one VM using 2 CPU cores and 1GB of RAM is not a sign of system instability? I have 8GB of RAM, it should equal a speedy system but for some reason due to the new memory allocation system it does not. I've tried using purge in terminal but it seems to have little effect.

Also, if I breath on my trackpad and causing a kernel panic isn't a sign of instability? It was inadvertent and I did it because it was resting on my chest while I was watching something yet it immediately caused my system to reboot. I've also had another KP which I made a thread about but no one responded to, no idea what caused it.



It takes 3 seconds to go full screen because of the HTML 5 animation in Chromium and Safari when double clicking a youtube video. My "old equus africanus asinus" machine is a mid 2012 MBP, it is more than capable of handling the animations but the delay inherent in the animation is causing the delay. Clearly, you have no idea what you are talking about.


Clearly my late 2013 15" rMBP has no issues doing what you say takes your machine 3 seconds to do. Obviously something isn't right with your machine or your setup, figure it out instead of blaming software that works fine on everyone else's machines. Would you like me to make a video of how fast it is? I'll be happy to do that for you.

And yes, I upgrade my MacBook every refresh cycle, so a two year old MacBook would be used as a doorstop in my house.
Rating: 3 Votes
5 weeks ago

IT'S A DEVELOPER PREVIEW. It's not even at beta stage yet! Jeez. People say the funniest things!


AND . . . that excuse, is lame. That is all people with your point of view typically say. We have a stable OS in Mavericks. Why not improve it rather than reinvent the wheel every time. A lot of people feel this way and a lot of people don't. Just because you thinks it "funny" doesn't mean you are right. I have come to expect more from Apple. I feel this should not be even at the developer stage yet. It will release in a few short months. What have they been doing all this time?
Rating: 2 Votes
5 weeks ago


Totally agree, and anyone doubting Yosemites instability only need look here at bit:


Yosemite isn't out there yet. That's the DP of Yosemite, not Yosemite. Have you used the first DP of SL? It was buggy as hell.
Rating: 2 Votes
5 weeks ago
Please keep these coming Apple. And I'll take a 10.9.5 after this. Have a feeling I'll need to keep my work computer on Mavericks for a long time. The more reliable you can make it the better.

I'm excited about Yosemite, but based on what I've seen, it's going to be a while before 3rd party programs catch up. Will be nice for my home system though.
Rating: 2 Votes
5 weeks ago

Mavericks is dead. We want Yosemite!!! :D


On my all-day "productive system" I am still on Mountain Lion (10.8.5). Will upgrade when I feel like - to Mavericks. Probably at the time when 10.10 will appear (so far I haven't seen any feature that got me caught - unless they'd announce OpenGL 4.4 support or some other technical feat of the same calibre).

Hand-off? Yeah, no, not really. Dark Theme? Nice, but not worth the "risk" of upgrading any time soon. "iPhoto in the Cloud"? Sounds interesting - but am a Lightroom user, so not really, no... did I forget anything else that they announced at the WWDC? Ah yes, new APIs like Homekit, that looks interesting... let's see and wait...

----------

Is Mail in Mavericks still behaving badly with Gmail? I cannot upgrade to Mavericks unless Mail is rock solid since my business and livelihood depend on it.


Your business and livelihood depends on GMail? Really?! What is it you do, send spam? :confused:

----------

I wouldn't want to work at Apple and be at the Mavericks team when next door the Yosemite team is doing their magic


So you really think that those are two distinct teams? Dream on!

----------

I will never use it because it doesn't support Exchange to automatically receive new emails. The checking once a minute is just too long to wait for new emails in IT.


I can imagine your "about lunchtime now" kind of email conversations:

I'd rather go to "Joe's", they really make some of those nice fat burgers!

> I'd vote for Cindy's - nice ladies there all around!

> > Any opinions about where to go for lunch?

> > > Great, I'm in! Who else want's to join for lunch this time?

> > > > No, haven't read it yet - but on another note: lunch anyone?

> > > > > Did you read the memo yet that I just sent you 5 minutes ago?



Yes, I can feel with you: pretty annoying if you have to press on that "Receive Emails" button every 10 seconds... ruins your whole business life!
Rating: 2 Votes

[ Read All Comments ]