New Skylake MacBook Pros coming in the fourth quarter.
FileMaker Pro 13 Launches with Web Access, Enhanced Tools for IOS
FileMaker 13 includes more than 50 new features. Chief among them are:FileMaker Pro 13 is available through traditional licensing methods starting at $329 new or $179 upgrade, while volume licensing is available starting as $9/month for FileMaker Pro, $15/month for FileMaker Pro Advanced, and $29/month for FileMaker Server.
- FileMaker WebDirect, an entirely new, HTML5 browser-based technology that allows teams to create and deploy desktop-style solutions in a web browser with no programming skills required.
- Tools to create amazing iPad and iPhone solutions that support even more iOS behaviors, including slide controls, popovers and the ability to scan records using gestures. iPad and iPhone layouts can now be created in one step; and iOS solutions can include single-click capture of bar codes using on-device cameras and custom keyboards that speed data entry.
- Major improvements to design capabilities, including support for shareable custom themes and styles, and the ability to drag and drop data fields onto design layouts.
- More robust security, with AES 256-bit encryption that locks down data no matter where it lives – on iPad, iPhone, desktop or server. FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced is used to enable encryption.
- Dozens of new enhancements for solution developers, from the ability to hide or display objects on a screen based on business logic to easier integration with web applications.
- Simplified server administration, including an entirely new HTML5 administrative console in FileMaker Server 13 for managing business solutions from anywhere.
FileMaker Go 13 is a free universal app for iPhone and iPad available in the App Store. [Direct Link]