Next-generation iPhones likely to focus on internal improvements.
NAB: Final Cut Server, Final Cut Studio 2, ProRes 422, IO-HD [Event Over]
Final Cut Server (at Apple.com)
- $999 for 10 concurrent users
- $1999 for unlimited users
Final Cut Studio 2 (at Apple.com)
- Final Cut Pro 6 for video and film editing
- Motion 3 for graphics and animation in 3D
- Soundtrack Pro 2 for professional audio post-production
- Color (screenshots), a new application for professional color grading and finishing
- Compressor 3 and DVD Studio Pro 4 for digital delivery virtually anywhere a disc, the web, Apple TV, iPod, or cell phone
- Available May
- $1299 New
- $499 Upgrade from Final Cut Studio
- $699 from any version of Final Cut Pro
Apple ProRes 422 Format
- Next-gen Post Production format
- Uncompressed HD quality at SD file sizes
- 10-bit, 4:2:2, full raster, VBR
- Hardware box that provides realtime conversion into ProRes 422
- Available in July
Live coverage was provided at Engadget. Due to technical difficulties, we decided to discontinue our feed.
Update: Apple Store (UK Store) back up.