Keep track of all the best Apple deals
Black Friday is the traditional kickoff to the holiday shopping season, falling on the day after Thanksgiving in the United States. Many retailers offer steep discounts on popular items in order to attract customers, with Apple products frequently being included in these sales.
- Black Friday falls on November 28 this year
- Deals may be limited, so customers advised to shop early
Black Friday 2014
Black Friday, which takes place on November 28th this year, is a major shopping holiday in the United States. During the event, retailers around the country drop their prices on thousands of items, hoping to lure shoppers to their stores.
Apple products on the cheap are highly desired, and in recent years, retailers have offered some fantastic deals. We will gather up a list of all the retailers offering discounts on iPhones, iPads, iPods, MacBooks, and more.
As it is still early, we are expecting additional information on other notable Black Friday sales to surface, from retailers like Apple. We will continue to update this roundup to add deals as they become available.
Sam's Club will begin offering deals before Black Friday even begins, with some of its iPhone discounts available as early as November 15. The retailer will begin offering online deals on Thursday, November 27, with in-store deals beginning on Friday, November 28 at 7am.
Sam's Club will be selling the 16GB, 64GB, and 128GB iPhone 6 for $100 off retail price (with contract) starting on November 15th.
That brings the cost of those models to $99 (16GB), $199 (64GB), $299 (128GB).
Sam's Club will be also be offering the original 16GB iPad Air for $299, which is a $100 discount off the regular price. The deal, though limited in supply, will be available online and in stores.
- $100 iTunes Gift Card Multipack - $79.47, $20.53 off
- $50 iTunes Gift Card - $39.98, $10 off
- Jawbone Up24 - $69.98, $60 off
- Fitbit Flex + extra band - $79.98, $55 off
Most Target locations will be opening on Thursday, November 27 at 6 p.m., well ahead of when Black Friday traditionally begins, but customers are encouraged to call their local stores to confirm hours. Target will offer an additional 5% off all purchases with the Target REDcard.
Target will be offering a $30 gift card with the purchase of any iPhone 6 ($179.99) or iPhone 5s ($79) with a qualifying two-year contract.
Target is offering gift cards with purchase for its line of iPads, providing up to $140 in store credit depending on the model purchased.
- Original iPad Air, any capacity (pricing starting at $399) - $100 gift card
- iPad mini 2, any capacity (pricing starting at $299) - $100 gift card
- iPad mini 3, any capacity (pricing starting at $399) - $100 gift card
- iPad Air 2, any capacity - $140 gift card
- Apple TV - $89, $10 off
- iTunes gift cards - Buy One Get One 30% off
- Beats by Dre Solo HD headphones - $97, $73 off
- Beats by Dre Studio headphones - $250, $50 off
- 32GB fifth-generation iPod touch - $249 + $50 gift card
Best Buy stores across the country will open up at 5 p.m. on November 28, which is Thanksgiving Day. The stores will stay open until 1 a.m., before closing again until 8 a.m. on Friday, November 28, aka Black Friday.
Best Buy is discounting all iPad Air 2 models by $100, which drops the price of the entry-level 16GB Wi-Fi only iPad Air 2 to $399, the best deal we've seen so far. The $100 off discount extends to all cellular and Wi-Fi models in all capacities.
All iPad mini 3 models will be discounted by $100, dropping the price of the entry-level 16GB Wi-Fi only model to $324.99.
Best Buy is also offering discounts on select MacBook Pro, Retina MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and non-Retina iMac models as listed below.
- 13.3-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro - $899.99, $200 off
- 21.5-inch 1.4GHz/8GB/500GB iMac - $899.99, $200 off
- 11.6-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/128GB MacBook Air - $779.99, $120 off
- 13.3-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/256GB MacBook Air - $1,049.99, $150 off
- 13.3-inch 2.6GHz/8GB/256GB Retina MacBook Pro - $1,349.99, $150 off
- 27-inch 3.2GHz/8GB/1TB iMac - $1,649.99, $150 off
Best Buy is offering the 16GB iPhone 6 for $100 with a two-year contract.
- 5th generation iPod touch - $149, $50 off
- 16GB iPod nano - $119.99, $30 off
- Apple TV - $89, $10 off + $10 gift card
- $100 iTunes gift card - $85, $15 off
- Beats by Dre Solo HD headphones - $79.99, $90 off
Walmart will be extending Black Friday beyond a single day, offering Black Friday deals for a five day period that begins on Thursday, November 27. Walmart will kick off its Black Friday deals at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, with certain products being discounted at different times.
Starting at 6 p.m., Walmart will sell the original 16GB Wi-Fi only iPad mini for $199, a $50 discount off of Apple's pricing. The tablet will also come with a $30 Walmart gift card.
Starting at 8 p.m., Walmart will sell the first-generation 16GB Wi-Fi only iPad Air for $397 ($2 off Apple's pricing), offering a $100 gift card with the purchase.
On Friday, beginning at 6 a.m., Walmart is offering the 16GB iPhone 6 for $179 ($20 off Apple's price), with a $75 gift card. Walmart is also selling the 16GB iPhone 5s for $79 ($20 off Apple's price), with a $75 gift card.
Qualified buyers who purchase an iPhone 5s or iPhone 6 using AT&T Next or Verizon Edge can get the device with $0 down.
- 16GB iPod touch - $195, $5 off + $30 gift card
- $30 Tunes gift card multipack - $25, $5 off
- Beats by Dre Studio wireless headphones (first generation) - $149, $130 off
- Beats by Dre UrBeats Ear Buds - $89.95, $10 off
- Beats by Dre Solo headphones - $99.95, $70 off
- Beats Pill Bluetooth speaker - $99.95, $100 off
- Fitbit Flex - $69, $30 off
- Otterbox Defender iPhone Case - $29, $17.88 off
- Speck iPhone Case - $10, $19.98 off
Staples is planning to offer its Black Friday deals for an entire week, beginning on Sunday, November 23 and lasting until Friday, November 28.
Staples will be selling the original 16GB Wi-Fi iPad Air for $319, a savings of $80. Staples will also have the 16GB Wi-Fi only iPad mini 2 for $239, a $60 savings, and the fourth-generation Wi-Fi only iPad with Retina display for $279, a $70 savings.
- Apple TV - $79 ($20 off)
- Jawbone UP - $79.99 plus $25 Visa gift card
- Jawbone UP24 - $99.99 plus $25 Visa gift card ($30 off)
- Fitbit Zip - $59.99 plus $25 Visa gift card
- Fitbit One - $99.99 plus $25 Visa gift card
- Fitbit Flex - $99.99 plus $25 Visa gift card
- Beats Solo HD Drenched headphones - $99.99 ($70 off)
- $50 or more in iTunes gift cards - 15% off
- Speck cases for iPad and iPad mini - 50% off
- Zagg screen protectors for iPad and iPhone - 40% off
RadioShack doesn't have deals on Apple products like iPads, but it is discounting several Apple-related accessories. RadioShack will open its doors at 8 a.m. on Thursday, November 27.
- Apple TV - $85 ($15 off)
- 16GB fifth-generation iPod touch - $149 ($50 off)
- Beats Solo HD Drenched headphones - $69.99 with mail-in rebate ($100 off)
- iTunes gift cards - 15% off
Toys R Us
Toys R Us will open at 5 p.m. on Thursday, November 27, and will offer a limited number of Apple-related deals.
- 16GB fifth-generation iPod touch - $149.99 ($50 off)
hhgregg is offering a store a store-wide gift card with purchase based on spending amount. Customers that spend $499 to $999 can get a $50 card, and card value goes up to $500 with a $5000 purchase. hhgregg is also offering deals on some Apple products and while the store will kick off Black Friday sales at 4 p.m. on Thursday, November 27, Apple deals won't be available until 7 a.m. on Friday, November 28.
hhgregg will sell the 16GB Wi-Fi only iPad mini 2 for $279, a $20 discount, and the 32GB Wi-Fi only iPad mini 2 will be available for $329.99, also a $20 discount.
- Apple TV - $79.99 ($20 off)
- 16GB fifth-generation iPod touch - $179.99 ($20 off)
Many of the Apple items listed are what stores like to call "Doorbusters" as they are products that are designed to get people in the store. These are often the store's best deals and tend to be very popular. People have been known to line up for several hours to be first in line to take advantage of one of the better deals, which means stock on a lot of Black Friday items could be limited. For example, Best Buy is offering a very appealing $100 off deal on the iPad Air 2, which could cause supplies to run out quickly, so shoppers are advised to get to stores early.
National retailers like Apple and Best Buy charge local sales tax on all orders, so when making an online order, it is best to consider all sales tax options. Ordering from smaller online retailers can be a benefit, as not all stores charge sales tax in all states. Customers in states where retailers do not collect sales tax may, however, be required to pay a calculated or estimated "use tax" on out-of-state purchases as part of their income tax filings.
Local sales taxes are automatically charged for online orders from the following retailers in the following states:
- MacMall: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, Tennessee, Minnesota, Georgia, North Carolina, Wisconsin
- Amazon: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin
- H.H. Gregg: Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington D.C, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
States with no sales tax: Alaska, Montana, New Hampshire, Delaware, Oregon
If you're looking for a specific deal on a product, many sites that aggregate all available Black Friday deals offer useful search deals to find the absolute best price available. BFAds.net, for example, lets users easily search through a wide selection of available discounts.
Black Friday 2013 Deals
Cyber Monday 2014
Cyber Monday follows Black Friday, and sees many retailers offering significant deals and discounts online. We're gathering up the best Cyber Monday deals, which can be found below.
PowerSkin will be offering its 2,000mAh Pop'n Battery Pack for the iPhone 5 for one cent, plus $7.99 in shipping with the code PENNY. The chargers are normally priced at $59.99, and customers can order one unit per email address. While the battery pack is listed for the iPhone 5, it does work for the iPhone 6, but it charges slower than the company's 4,000 mAh iPhone 6 version.