New Skylake MacBook Pros coming in the fourth quarter.
Parallels Desktop 10 with OS X Yosemite and iCloud Drive Support Launches for Existing Customers
Parallels Desktop 10 offers a bevy of new features and enhancements, including OS X Yosemite support, iCloud Drive and iPhoto Library support and battery life and performance speed optimizations. The main new features of Desktop 10 include:
- Mac OS X Yosemite integration, iPhone calling integration, iCloud Drive and iPhoto Library supportUpgrade pricing for users of Parallels Desktop 8 or 9 is $49.99, while standard retail pricing is set at $79.99 for regular users and $39.99 for students. Parallels Desktop 10 customers also receive a free three-month subscription to Parallels Access that allows Windows and Mac users to use their machines from their iPads.
- Now with one click users can select from a number of choices to optimize their virtual machine based on what their primary usage is: productivity, games, design or development.
- The new Parallels Control Center is a one-stop-shop for managing Parallels Desktop; it allows users to manage all their virtual machines and configuration settings from a single place.
- Users can share files, text or web pages from Windows using Internet accounts configured on their Mac such as Twitter, Facebook, Vimeo, Flickr; or send them via email, AirDrop and Messages.
- Users can drag and drop files to Mac OS X virtual machines.
- Users can now open Windows documents up to 48 percent faster.
- Battery life is now extended by up to 30 percent, giving people additional work time when they need it most.