Next version of iOS with overhauled notifications, lock screen, Messages, Apple Music, and much more.
Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.6.8 Ahead of Lion Debut
As hinted at earlier this week, Apple has now released Mac OS X 10.6.8, the eighth maintenance update for Snow Leopard, via Software Update. The update offers a number of fixes implemented since the release of Mac OS X 10.6.7 in late March.
The 10.6.8 update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:The public release is the same Build 10K540 that was seeded to developers one week ago.
- Enhance the Mac App Store to get your Mac ready to upgrade to Mac OS X Lion
- Resolve an issue that may cause Preview to unexpectedly quit
- Improve support for IPv6
- Improve VPN reliability
- Identify and remove known variants of Mac Defender
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4561.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
Direct links for the various downloads on Apple's support pages include:
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update (474.2 MB)
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo (1.09 GB)
- Mac OS X Server v10.6.8 Update (542 MB)
- Mac OS X Server v10.6.8 Update Combo (1.27 GB)
- Security Update 2011-004 (Leopard) (256.4 MB)
- Security Update 2011-004 (Leopard Server) (499.8 MB)
- Server Admin Tools 10.6.8 (255.9 MB)
Thanks to MacUpdate for the heads-up!