Apple's yearly developer conference should see iOS 8, OS X 10.10, and likely some hardware.
Apple Announces The iPhone
- 3.5" Widescreen touch-sensitive display
- 11.6 mm thin
- 2 megapixel camera
- proximity sensor, accelerometer, and ambient light sensors
- Quad-band GSM/EDGE + WiFI + Bluetooth 2.0
- Battery Life: 16 hours audio, 5 hour talk/video/browse time
- Runs version of OSX. "Full desktop-class applications"
- conference call support with up to 3 participants
- multiple SMS session support (iChat-like interface)
- Safari: first fully useable HTML browser on a phone
- "coolest photo management app ever"
- Widget support
- Yahoo IMAP mail
- Google Maps (with satellite image) integration
The phone will be offered exclusively through Cingular in the US in June, and will come to Europe in Q4 2007, and Asia in 2008. A 4 GB model will be offered for $499 with a 2 year contract, and an 8 GB model will fetch $599 with similar contract provisions. The phone can be purchased through Cingular's website or via the Apple Store.
A transcript and keynote photos from our live coverage are still available.