Apple TV+ to Adapt Thriller 'Snow Blind' Starring Jake Gyllenhaal

Apple has won the rights to make a film adaptation of BOOM! Studios' graphic novel "Snow Blind," starring Jake Gyllenhaal.

snow blind

The film was fiercely fought over in a competitive six-way bidding war, reports Deadline, but exact financials are unknown. Gustav Möller is set to direct and Patrick Ness to write.

The thriller graphic novel by Ollie Masters and Tyler Jenkins tells the story of high school teen Teddy, as his life in a sleepy Alaskan suburb is turned upside-down when he posts a photo of his dad online, only to learn he and his family are in a Witness Protection Program. A man seeking revenge visits their town, followed soon after by pursuing FBI agents.

"Snow Blind" will be the third Apple Studios production. It is currently developing an adaptation of "Killers of the Flower Moon" with Martin Scorsese. Last week, Apple Studios won the rights to "Emancipation," starring Will Smith. While Apple has heavily relied on commissioning third-party production houses for Apple TV+ to date, Apple Studios is the company's attempt to make entertainment in-house, bringing more creative control and reduced production costs in the long term.

imnotthewalrus Avatar
Though I'm seemingly in the minority in that I like TV+, I'm enthusiastic over their upcoming movies and shows recently announced. I have watched probably 80% of what they currently offer and, though in varying degree, have enjoyed everything I've seen so far.
nortofthe13th Avatar

I think you spotted the problem: in a few months you managed to watch 80% of the whole catalogue. That should not be possible.
Apple started from scratch, like it or not, so it’s true the amount of content is still limited. The real topic here is the quality itself, the fact that they are adding new and varying content every month, and their commitment to procuring or producing better media with fantastic creative tallent attached. Their are SO MANY THINGS TO WATCH and fill our time; Apple TV+ is just one of those. For the record, there are quite a few of us that think they are off to a great start. :cool:
hank moody Avatar

You are not alone my friend
Ar40 Avatar
YESSSS!!! Jake is another of my favorite actors!! How does Apple keep doing it? They keeping getting my favorite actors to big roles (it might help that most of my favorite actors have starred in the MCU or DCEU at one time or another. Plus everyone loves Tom Hanks, so I guess that's not a surprise casting choice in Greyhound).

I for one am thankful that it's possible to actually reach bottom with a streaming service. When I am showed TOO many choices like Netflix, and so much of what is there ultimately disappoints me, I just shut down and can't decide on anything to watch. Every time I used to launch Netflix, I would just spend 30 minutes going back and forth deciding what to watch and hoping I wouldn't get burned and find my time had been wasted. I don't have that issue with Apple TV+ at all. There is a manageable library of content, such that I can watch everything offered, at my patient viewing speed. And, I know from Apple's near perfect track record that whatever I turn on will be rewarding and highly entertaining, quality production, with excellent acting, writing, sound design, and 4K video quality.
PickUrPoison Avatar

You should ignore the trolls. Literally.

It make these forums so much more enjoyable ?
imnotthewalrus Avatar

I respectfully disagree. With the exception of "Fraggle Rock", TV+ is all original content. The fact that it's only taken "a few months" considering how much of my stuck-at-home life is spent watching TV is more impressive than a negative that I still have a number of shows or movies to watch, including "Greyhound", "The Banker", "Little Voice" and others. Compared to the early days of Netflix, Apple is killing it with quality original content. JMO ☮