Cult of Mac took a look at the size of the digital textbooks available on iBooks after today's education-focused media event. File sizes range from Pearson's 793MB Environmental Science up to a hefty 2.77GB for Biology.
For regular authors, Apple limits the file size of books created with the iBooks Author app to 2GB -- something that Pearson's tome easily exceeds. Unsurprisingly, major publishers get to bypass limits that the average author must abide.
- Pearson’s Environmental Science – 793MB
- National’s Chemistry – 959MB
- E.O. Wilson’s Life On Earth – 965MB
- McGraw Hill’s Algebra 1 – 1.09GB
- McGraw Hill’s Geometry – 1.22GB
- McGraw Hill’s Physics – 1.25GB
- McGraw Hill’s Biology – 1.49GB
- Pearson’s Biology – 2.77GB