iPhone 15 Event is Today: Get Ready With These Last-Minute Rumors
We're just hours away from Apple's annual September event, and as usual, there have been several last-minute rumors about the iPhone 15 and other devices. The event begins today at 10 a.m. Pacific Time, with a live stream to be available on YouTube, Apple's website, and in the Apple Events app on the Apple TV.
Below, we recap some recent rumors related to the iPhone 15 series, Apple Watch Series 9, AirPods, accessories, and more.
- iPhone 15 Pro models will reportedly weigh around 10% less than iPhone 14 Pro models thanks to a lightweight titanium frame. Based on leaked figures, the iPhone 15 Pro could be the lightest Pro model since the iPhone XS or iPhone 11 Pro.
- Leather (and potentially silicone) accessories like iPhone cases and Apple Watch bands are expected to be replaced with more eco-friendly alternatives
- "Pro Max" branding will reportedly live on for at least another year, as "iPhone 15 Ultra" appears to be ruled out
- An estimated $100 price increase might be limited to the iPhone 15 Pro Max in the U.S.
- iPhone 15 Pro models are predicted to start at 128GB of storage, with 8GB of RAM
- USB-C ports are expected for all four iPhone 15 models, an AirPods Pro charging case, and potentially the MagSafe Battery Pack
- iPhone 13 mini is likely to be discontinued
- All of the iPhone 15, Apple Watch Series 9, and second-generation Apple Watch Ultra models will reportedly be equipped with a next-generation "U2" chip for enhanced Ultra Wideband connectivity
Watch our video recap of last-minute rumors ahead of Apple's event:
Stay tuned for our in-depth coverage of Apple's announcements this week.