Apple Now Selling Refurbished Apple Watch Series 3 Models

Apple today updated its online store for refurbished products in the United States to add a selection of Apple Watch Series 3 models, marking the first time Apple's newest wrist-worn device has been available from the refurbished store since its September 2017 release.

As of the writing of this article, there are two refurbished Apple Watch Series 3 GPS-only models available at a $50 discount, which equates to 13 to 15 percent off of the regular price. No LTE models or models with stainless steel or ceramic cases are available at this time.

refurbishedapplewatchseries3
A 38mm Gold Aluminum Apple Watch Series 3 with Pink Sand Sport Band is available for $279, down from $329, and Apple also has a 42mm Space Gray Aluminum model with Black Sport Band available for $309, down from $359.

The Apple Watch Series 3, first introduced last September alongside new iPhones, is the first Apple Watch model to offer an option for LTE connectivity. Compared to earlier Apple Watch versions, the Series 3 also comes equipped with a faster dual-core S3 processor and an Apple-designed W2 chip for 85 percent faster Wi-Fi

Apple Watch Series 3 refurbished stock is limited at this time, but Apple refreshes available units on a regular basis, so it's worth keeping an eye on the refurbished store if you're looking for a discount on a particular model.

All of Apple's refurbished products go through a rigorous refurbishment process before being offered for sale, which includes inspection, repairs, cleaning, and repackaging. Refurbished Apple Watch models come with a one-year warranty that can be extended with an AppleCare+ purchase.

For tips on purchasing a refurbished product, make sure to check out our guide.

Related Roundup: Apple Watch Series 7
Buyer's Guide: Apple Watch (Caution)
Related Forum: Apple Watch

tzm41 Avatar
Wow.. 2nd-hand watches
Reduce, reuse, recycle. Exactly how we should lower our impact on our environment.
Laraine Barker Avatar
Wow.. 2nd-hand watches
Nothing wrong with a second-hand watch. I'm wearing one, a 1983 digital. My husband inherited it. He doesn't like digital watches so I grabbed it. I do wear something dressier when I go out of course. :-)
mcarthon Avatar
Should I get one to see what the big deal is about? I just find them totally uninteresting, not useful (my phone is always with me), and just one more thing to re-charge
I use it mostly for health/Fitness and sleep tracking easily worth it so far. Haven’t exercised 3 days in a row in years! And AutoSleep+HeartWatch combo is amazing.
donster28 Avatar
Wow.. 2nd-hand watches
You obviously haven’t bought Apple refurbs in your life. I do not buy refurbished products other than from Apple. They are as good (or better) than brand new units without the fancy packaging and I never had problems with them. You can’t beat the money savings too.
69Mustang Avatar
Wow.. 2nd-hand watches
I see nothing wrong with a 2nd hand watch. But I will sometimes wear my grandfathers Timex.
Besides, it's not like Apple is recycling the sweaty bands or anything.
DotCom2 Avatar
As I said, Apple refurbished is (very) good, but it still is secondhand.

I got that, think it's cool but I don't think it's that convenient.
It is to me since I live where it gets insanely hot and my car can cool down before I get in it.