Automatic and Jawbone Team Up to Integrate Automatic Data Into Jawbone UP App
Physical activity and driving are related to each other, but its not always easy to see exactly how. When you are driving, you are not generally physically active. More time driving leaves less time for walking and exercise. Automatic and Jawbone have teamed up to provide drivers insights on how their physical fitness and wellness is connected to their driving behavior.Automatic data will be imported into the UP by Jawbone app automatically, which will provide insights on the relationship between driving and walking. It allows users to compare movement collected by the Jawbone UP band with driving times from Automatic on the same timeline, with the overall goal of encouraging more walking and physical activity.
In addition to Automatic integration, the Jawbone UP app is able to incorporate data from a wide range of popular apps, though most are notably more fitness related. For example, the app connects to MyFitnessPal, RunKeeper, Strava, Withings, Lose It, and more.
- Automatic is automatic -- Drive data from Automatic is synced automatically with the Jawbone Up app.Using the Automatic with the Jawbone UP will require both pieces of hardware. The Automatic can be purchased from the Automatic website for $99.95, while the Jawbone UP is available from the Jawbone website starting at $129.99. The UP by Jawbone app can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]
- Integrated travel -- See your walking and driving compiled in one place. Discover the impact that walking to work once a week has on your fitness.
- Share with friends -- Automatic trip summaries can be shared with other Jawbone Up users.
- Prevent road rage -- Jawbone Up tracks your mood and diet. Compare this to the time spent in the car each day and routes traveled to see what makes you happiest.
- iPhone or Android -- The Automatic Jawbone integration works on both iOS and Android