Apple Adjusts Trade-In Value of iPad Pro, iPhone 11, and Select Mac Models

Apple has adjusted the trade-in values of a number of its products, including the majority of the iPad and Mac lineup, while also making some changes to iPhone.

iPhone trade in
Apple's trade-in program allows customers to trade-in older devices, and receive a certain amount of value for them, to use towards a purchase of a new device. The exact trade-in value a device has is measured by its condition, when it was released, and its manufacturer. Apple last notably updated its trade-in prices in December, and furthermore, it has made some more changes over the weekend.

It's important to note that the value shown on Apple's website reflects the maximum possible trade-in value for a product.

On the ‌iPad‌ lineup, the iPad Pro has had its value go up by $45 to $580, versus the previous $535. The standard ‌iPad‌ trade-in value has gone down by $15 to $235. In the Mac family, the MacBook Air is now valued at $530, down from $600. The discontinued MacBook is down by $40 to $340, and the discontinued iMac Pro is valued at $2,940, down $100. iMac value has had a reduction by $130 to $1,050, and the Mac mini down $60, to a value of $770.

With the ‌iPhone‌, Apple has also made some changes. The maximum trade-in value of the iPhone 11 Pro Max is up by $15 to $515, the ‌iPhone‌ 11 Pro up by $5 to $465, and the ‌iPhone‌ 11 up by $20 to a maximum value of $380. The ‌iPhone‌ 6S Plus value has gone up to $65, versus $60.

Recently Apple also expanded the list of Android devices eligible for trade-in, adding the Google Pixel 4a, Pixel 5, and Samsung Galaxy Note 20. More information about Apple's trade-in options can be found on its website.

iOS 18 CarPlay Feature

iOS 18 Adds These 5 New Features to CarPlay

Thursday June 13, 2024 7:44 am PDT by
iOS 18 Wallet Feature

Here's What's New in Apple Wallet on iOS 18 for Event Tickets and More

Friday June 14, 2024 7:32 am PDT by
maxresdefault

First Look at Messages via Satellite in iOS 18

Thursday June 13, 2024 11:29 am PDT by
iOS 18 Siri Integrated Feature

You Can Give Siri a New Name With iOS 18's Vocal Shortcuts

Friday June 14, 2024 4:33 pm PDT by
Apple in iOS 18 added a Vocal Shortcuts accessibility feature, and now that iOS 18 is available in a beta capacity, users have figured out that this option can be used to give Siri a new wake word. With Vocal Shortcuts, you can assign a custom phrase that Siri can understand to launch shortcuts and complete "complex tasks," and one of the shortcuts you can set up is an alternative for "Hey...

seinman Avatar

I don't get why people trade in their phones just for comfort. $515 for a 11 Pro Max. lol. Sell it on Facebook marketplace or something to a local buyer. DONE.
I'll pay for convenience any day of the week. I'm too old to deal with 20 people messaging me about it and never responding, making offers $300 less than asking price, canceling meetups at the last minute, trying to scam me into accepting venmo, etc... for what, an extra $100 maybe? Forget that. Take it to Apple, hand it over to them, done.
Mike_Trivisonno Avatar
I just give my old iPhones to friends who can't afford to buy them. I get hugs.
TiggrToo Avatar

Ease of use. You may be personally OK with something like that, others however are not. In addition many people do not live in an area conducive to "local sales".
Mr. Dee Avatar
Thank goodness my need to have the latest and greatest is minimal. I just keep my devices until they are no longer getting updates.
darngooddesign Avatar

I just give my old iPhones to friends who can't afford to buy them. I get hugs.
A very nice thing to do to help people if you can. We did something similar by letting a friend on our plan; added a line and she got a free phone and pays less than half of what solo service would cost her.
amartinez1660 Avatar

MY 4 MONTH OLD IPAD PRO PURCHASED AT AED 3200 NOW BECOME ON AED 1345. WHAT IS THIS APPLE ?
Apple in general offers less than competing trade services but I think there’s a bit of blank slate trade pricing in these? If someone can correct, some upgrades and tweaks tend to not count towards the trade value if it wasn’t a selectable option, i.e, a 2TB SSD Mac might have the exact trade value as a 256GB SSD one.

Ditto. Old or young, time is a commodity. Hassling and hustling is stressful and a waste of time.
Nothing against trying to maximize the trade value in other ways and venues... but more often than not I’ll also go the more convenient route and free my schedule for more (personally) useful things. Personal opinion.