Nike Run Club Update Brings a New Modular Watch Face, 'Twilight Mode,' and 'Streaks'

Nike has today announced a number of software updates to the Apple Watch Nike and the Nike Run Club app for the Apple Watch.

WhiteBand Watchface Streak native 1600

The Apple Watch Nike now includes a new, exclusive modular sport watch face. Designed to offer multiple complications, the new face includes a quick-start button, total monthly miles, and "Guided Runs" with updated content and artwork.

The latest watch face also includes Nike Twilight Mode, offering a new in-run display and brighter design to be more visible at night.

When using the Nike Run Club app for Apple Watch during a run, new metrics now appear to help measure the user's every stride. In addition to total miles run, the updated interface enables runners to view their average pace and cadence.

To motivate users to keep running, the latest Nike Run Club interface offers a new "Streaks" function. The feature awards users with a streak badge if they complete at least one run per week. Each week the user keeps the streak alive, they unlock the next streak icon on the watch face.

The update for the Nike Run Club app is available now, but only users with an Apple Watch Nike can use the new exclusive watch face.

recoil80 Avatar

If one were interested in an aluminum space gray watch, are there any differences between the standard Apple Watch vs Nike (aside from the initial band selection)? Seems like there’s an upside to purchasing the Nike watch for exclusive watch faces.
The price is the same and you get more faces, that's why I went for the Nike version when I bought my series 4.
The initial band selection is different, but if you don't like the one full of holes you can pick the sport loop like I did.
My favourite face is one of the Nike's, so I'm really happy I made that choice
5105973 Avatar

There are absolutely no disadvantages to picking the Nike over the standard. In past years they used to be released days to weeks later, if I recall correctly. That was the only disadvantage. I’ve gotten the Nike versions ever since they were released because I like the holey bands they release with. This time I got a loop band since I lost the one I had and it may work better with the new blood oxygen feature, in terms of keeping the watch at the optimal position on my wrist.
jon08 Avatar

My favourite face is one of the Nike's, so I'm really happy I made that choice
Yeah, some of my fav watch faces are of Nike’s... so I’m sure my next AW will be Nike as well. You have nothing to lose - it’s the same price as the regular one.
Jeremy1026 Avatar

This isn't new.
CrzyP Avatar

There’s no difference other than what you mentioned. There is a Nike symbol on the bottom of the casing too.
BrennanWDavis Avatar

That's why I always buy the Nike version.