Deals: Refurbished Orbi Mesh Wi-Fi Routers Discounted by Up to 50% at Woot Today Only, Starting at $175

Woot today began a new flash sale on Netgear Orbi Mesh Routers, offering up to 50 percent discounts on two Orbi systems in refurbished condition. Both routers come with a 90 day warranty from Netgear.

orbi saleNote: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Woot. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

To start, there's the Netgear RBK43 Orbi Wi-Fi Router with one router and two satellites for $174.99, compared to an original price of $349.99. This sale is also below Amazon's refurbished price of $219.99 in renewed condition. Orbi's tri-band router covers up to 6,000 square feet by placing each satellite at different locations around your house.

There's also the Netgear RBK53 Orbi Ultra-Performance Router for $229.99, compared to a price of $279.99 in renewed condition at Amazon. This system can provide solid Wi-Fi coverage across homes up to 7,500 square feet, and includes one router and two satellites.

Both Orbi mesh router systems at Woot are being sold in "factory reconditioned" condition, meaning they were returned, inspected, and restored to full working order. Amazon Prime customers can get free standard shipping on each router, but delivery dates may be slightly delayed.

Head to Woot to browse even more items on sale, today including markdowns on surge protectors.

Related Roundup: Apple Deals

iPhone 16 Pro Max Generic Feature 2

5 Biggest Changes Rumored for iPhone 16 Pro Max

Tuesday May 21, 2024 7:29 am PDT by

mattopotamus Avatar

You don’t need WiFi6 for use at home, it’s greatest benefits are in handling massive numbers of clients, think sports venues, conference centers, business buildings. Quantity consumer-grade gear can already handle 80+ devices across a mesh.

There’s a ****** $100 router WalMart sells with WiFi 6, it’s utter *******. Just because the chipset supports WiFi 6 doesn’t make it a half-decent device.

You need coverage, speed, and reliability for the home. You can get a Google WiFi, Orbi, or Eero now. No need to wait two more years with mediocre home WiFi to try and snag something with WiFi 6 on the tech specs, when that won’t even translate into a tangible benefit for use in a home.
This is good advise, especially if you need something right now. For people that already have good stable wifi, there is no reason to upgrade until WIFI 6 comes down in price. @zachlegomaniac since you need something today this is a good deal.

I disagree with the home use part. You will get better speeds across longer distances and especially where interference is involved with WIFI 6. For example, I can get 250 mbps over WIFI across my entire house. With WIFI 6, I can actually get 600+ consistently. Is this important for the average user, no; however, for me it is.
Tarantularock Avatar

Likewise, I still use the original Google WIFI. Unless you have a unique situation, it is a terrible time to upgrade your network. WIFI 6 is still too expensive, but on the verge of being affordable. It will allow people to create a mesh network with half as many devices.
Yes - I'm waiting on a great more affordable WIFI 6 solution - I'm still using an old AirPort Extreme.
consumerDan Avatar
I was having issues with my Apple AirPort Extreme and had moved to a larger house which had coverage issues and WiFi clients just dropping connections all the time. WiFi 6 is too expensive still so I went with this Orbi 2 pack from Costco when it was on sale for $129.99 earlier this year. (https://www.costco.com/netgear-orbi-mini-ac2200-tri-band-wi-fi-system,-2-pack.product.100398382.html)

It's been really good and a huge upgrade over the AirPort Extreme. Coverage is exceptional in a 4,000 sq ft house and speeds are very good. Now I just need to run some Cat6 so I can put some things on gigabit ethernet. I have fiber and Speedtest shows that my Mac mini is doing quite well at around 410 Mbps down and 474 Mbps up over WiFi.

I figure I can't lose spending $129.99 and keeping it for a few years once WiFi6 or 6E becomes more affordable.

Attachment Image
TechieGeek Avatar

For those of you holding out for Wi-Fi 6: I, too, am still using an Airport Extreme with one Airport Express. I have terrible wi-fi in two areas of the house (basement Apple TV barely works and a couple of upstairs bedrooms aren't very good - no option to run ethernet from Extreme to Express). Would this be a good interim solution? How close are we to affordable wi-fi 6? I've been eyeing the Eero's, but haven't had enough time to properly research to make an informed purchase. What are your thoughts on my situation as it relates to this deal @mattopotamus @Tarantularock and others? Glad this deal/post popped up when it did!
You don’t need WiFi6 for use at home, its greatest benefits are in handling massive numbers of clients, think sports venues, conference centers, business buildings. Quality consumer-grade gear can already handle 80+ devices across a mesh.

mattopotamus Avatar

I’ve been using Google WiFi v1 for years with absolutely no issues, never had to reboot them or anything, my home is blanketed in coverage. It originally repacked an old Netgear Nighhawk, the mesh network is a night and day difference.

Bought the Nest WiFi when it came out last year and gave the Google WiFi to my parents, absolutely no problems to report, it scene running rock solid for half a year. Would highly recommend them.
seek3r Avatar

I’m in the market for a new router setup. Are these any good?
I like them a lot, I switched to them so that I didn't have to run an ethernet backhaul in my new apt when I moved recently. The have a dedicated radio for their wireless backhaul, which is nice, makes them a lot less problematic than some of the other mesh systems, and you don't actually have to use an app to set up or maintain them like a lot of the other systems (the web interface works just fine, though they do try to encourage you to use the app - I havent used the app, I prefer using a web based, device agnostic, UI). I have the RBK53 BTW.