Clips has received a wide range of new fonts, colors, layouts, animated labels and stickers, title cards with education-themed designs, and more, all of which provides students and teachers with more creative flexibility to prepare video presentations and lessons using the app on the new 9.7-inch iPad.
The full release notes for Clips version 2.0.3:
- Four additional Live Title styles featuring new fonts, colors, and layouts
- Four new animated labels with vibrant colors and editable text
- Nine new animated stickers including hand-drawn arrows, scribbles, circles, and underlining
- Eleven new Apple-designed posters for creating animated title cards, including education-themed blackboard and notebook designs
- Two new Selfie Scenes on iPhone X from Disney-Pixar that put you in the "Finding Dory" reef and on the Scare Floor from "Monsters, Inc."
- Drop shadows have been added to some labels to improve visibility against light backgrounds
- Fixes an issue that could prevent photos stored in iCloud Photo Library from displaying correctly in Clips projects
- Improved stability when deleting projects
The full release notes for GarageBand for iOS version 2.3.3:
- New downloadable "Toy Box" sound pack with free educational sound effects, including animals, vehicles, and counting to ten in different languages.
- Use facial expressions and the TrueDepth camera for hands-free control over musical effects like guitar wah and synth parameters*
- Adds Modern Wah guitar stompbox effect
- Provides stability improvements and bug fixes
The updates to Clips and GarageBand are rolling out on the App Store today. The apps are free to download on iPhone and iPad.