Apple today updated its iWork line of apps, including Pages, Keynote, and Numbers, for iOS 10. The new versions of the apps include a real-time collaboration feature, which is available as a beta.

With real-time collaboration, first announced on September 7, multiple users can edit an iWork document at one time using a Mac, an iOS device, or iCloud.com. Real-time collaboration allows all users to see what each person is doing inside the document, with multiple cursors and a list of document editors.

iworkiosapp
Also included in today's update is a new formatting pane designed for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, support for wide color gamut (a feature coming in the iPhone 7), improved downloading, and enhanced keyboard navigation and keyboard shortcuts.

What's New in Version 3.0
- Real-time collaboration (feature in beta)
- Edit a document with others at the same time in Pages on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iCloud.com
- Share your document publicly or with specific people
- See who else is in a document
- See participants' cursors as they're editing

- A new format pane takes advantage of the display on the 12.9-inch iPad Pro
- Improved downloading - Pages now downloads documents from iCloud only when you're ready to work on them
- Wide color gamut image support
- Enhanced keyboard navigation and additional keyboard shortcuts

In Keynote, there's an option to present a slideshow that users can follow along with from their Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iCloud.com, and there's a feature for highlighting with the Apple Pencil while presenting on the iPad Pro. Pages and Keynote also both feature support for opening and editing Pages and Keynote '05 documents.

Apple's line of iWork apps are free to users who have recently purchased a new Mac or iOS device. Otherwise, each iWork app for Mac is available for $19.99 while each iWork app for iOS is available for $9.99.

Pages for iOS - [App Store]
Keynote for iOS - [App Store]
Numbers for iOS - [App Store]

2457282 Avatar
What features is it missing? I ditched Office a long time ago.

Keynote is far superior to PowerPoint. Pages and Numbers seem about par with Word and Excel - each has some features that its counterparts lacks, and none of those features are really deal-breakers.
Keynote - I agree
Numbers - No pivot tables is my biggest gripe (most of my accounting spreadsheets have them so I cannot move off Excel)
Pages - Missing Table of Content and Footnotes as my biggest gripes (My wife doing her Master's thesis means she is stuck with Word)
Richardgm Avatar
I dumped iWork for Office.
jonsmith2000 Avatar
Keynote - I agree
Maybe its time to revisit pages my friend. Both footnotes and table of contents are found under insert.
arefbe Avatar
Evidently only available if you're on iOS 10. Not quite ready to do that just yet! :)
NapoleonIV Avatar
to my surprise I just went in and saw that the features in there on my Mac. Need to see if they are also on the iPad. When did they bring back these features?
They were never gone, the problem was that they were so poorly implemented that they barely worked, and worse, if you started a document in Pages 4, the formatting of the table of contents would be ruined when the document was updated to work with Pages 5. Also, if I remember correctly, the linking of the of the chapter titles to the actual pages they represented was also broken. This was one of the reasons I didn’t abandon Pages 4 until last year.
AJ5790 Avatar
What features is it missing? I ditched Office a long time ago.

Numbers really doesn't work as well as excel in a medium to large sized business use case.