More Final Cut Pro X Screenshots Leak Ahead of Release

[Images removed by legal demand]

Final Cut Pro X must be in late testing as even more screenshots from the upcoming release have been leaked to the internet. Twitter user @MortGoldman2 has posted a sequence of screenshots said to be from the upcoming Final Cut Pro X. The series of over 30 shots shows grabs of various tools/views including histogram, color balance, exposure, color grading and more.

Apple demoed Final Cut Pro X back in April at the Final Cut Pro User Group Network SuperMeet held in conjunction with the National Association of Broadcasters' NAB Show 2011 in Las Vegas. At the time, the company announced that Final Cut Pro X would launch via the Mac App Store in June priced at $299

stephenl Avatar
Ugh, from these screenshots, it looks like Final Cut Pro X is only capable of editing movies about Civil War reenactments. What a ripoff!
11thIndian Avatar
Even that "optical media is dead" crowd isn't brainwashed enough to claim that professional high-end video editing software should not support BD.

$300 to edit some youtube videos? (I laugh haha)

Eyes will be rolled quite impressively at Apple if FCPX does not support BD. Then why bother with the release at all? Well... actually that might explain the FinalCut Express price point.

This may not be a professional application.
BR support isn't built into the editing application, it's usually handled by another program. FCP7 doesn't burn discs, but DVD Studio Pro does. Neither does AVID directly, thats handled by AVID DVD. So your argument makes no sense.

The quality of FCPX as an editing platform has nothing to do with optical disc support.
JesterJJZ Avatar
I wonder about Motion, Livetype and Soundtrack.
Livetype is already gone, built into Motion in the last release, was kinda useless on its own if you ask me. Don't really care much for Motion really. Use Soundtrack pretty regularly with FCP. Though I kinda wish they would just kill it and give us some sort of Logic Lite instead or something.

What I want to know is what's going on with DVDSP. I use that all the time. Yes, people still use, want and request DVDs from me all the time. Would really love Blu-ray authoring support. I'm not a fan of Encore. The few time I've been forced to use it hasn't been fun.

Apple may not like the idea of watching Blu-ray on a Mac, but I can't understand how they can overlook the fact that the professionals out there still need to be able to make them. And no, the limited BD support in the current Final Cut Studio is barely suited to make anything professional.
bozs13 Avatar
Let's get this show on the road! I've been holding off on editing new projects just so I can do it on X.

:D
wordoflife Avatar
Looks. Freaking. Amazing.
Vertigo50 Avatar
I'd like to start getting into video editing (personal stuff - family/friends kind of thing), is Final Cut Pro overkill? Is it hard to pick up on? Any other programs that I should look into? Thanks :)

Before FCP X, I would have said that it is DEFINITELY overkill, because it was so difficult to learn, but now not only will you no longer have the option for Final Cut Express, the new FCP X is basically the price that express used to be.

So no, I don't think it's overkill. Your two choices now are iMovie and Final Cut Pro X. Unless you can do all you want to do in iMovie, your next step should be FCP X.

All indications are that FCP X is going to be much easier to learn and easier to use, especially for those used to iMovie, as a lot of the new features revolve around things that iMovie has been doing for years.