Apple Comfirms Rumors To Staff....OS X v10.0.5
Anonymous writes "As of today (24th) Apple has released information about the forthcoming Mac OSX update (10.0.5) to customer support personnel and non-essential Apple employees.
Details from the internal memo circulating around the office state:
- DVD movie playback support is included in this release, but is limited ( forward, play, stop, pause, full screen etc) and is only in beta. This release will only function in a half decent way on certain Mac models which include: iMac (slot-loading), Cube, G4 Processors and Certain G3 processors that include Apple Made DVD Hardware and running atleast 300Mhz
- Increased support for a wide range of MP3 players and CD-RW's, and also includes drivers for the up and coming Mac OS X iDVD software. (hint, hint)
- Updated System Preferences ( no further details )
- Major Speed Increasements within the Finder and also during the boot process.
- Improved Core services items and 'slight' darwin improvements.
- Further details about this release are not available although 'dock' improvements have been rumored by higher level staff but have not been offically comfirmed to me.
- 10.0.5 Build Number =3Q8 ( rumor, not comfirmed my me)
Check out http://www.apple.com/hotnews/ on Friday (25th) "
Following six weeks of beta testing, iOS 16.4 was released to the public this week. The software update includes a handful of new features and changes for the iPhone 8 and newer. To install an iOS update, open the Settings app on the iPhone, tap General → Software Update, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Below, we have recapped eight new features and changes added with iOS 16.4,...
General Motors (GM) will phase out Apple CarPlay and Android Auto in its vehicles starting this year, shifting to a built-in infotainment system co-developed with Google (via Reuters).
GM owns Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC in the United States. It will stop offering Apple CarPlay and Android Auto starting with the 2024 Chevrolet Blazer, which goes on sale this summer. The company plans ...
With the Apple Music Classical app and an Apple Pay Later early access program now available, the list of previously-announced iOS features that have yet to launch is beginning to shrink. However, there are still a few features we are waiting for. Below, we have recapped three more iOS features that are expected to launch in 2023, including an Apple Card savings account for Daily Cash,...
Apple this week announced the official dates for the 34th annual Worldwide Developers Conference, with the annual WWDC keynote event set to take place on Monday, June 5. The keynote is where Apple unveils new versions of iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS, and sometimes, we get hardware announcements.
Rumors this year suggest there are at least three new devices that are set to be unveiled in the ...
iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max users will be able to customize the sensitivity of the solid-state buttons on their device, thanks to a new sensitivity toggle in Settings. That's according to details provided by a hitherto reliable source that shared additional details on the MacRumors forums. Earlier this week, the same anonymous tipster revealed that the iPhone 15 Pro models will use...
Apple has again pushed back mass production of its mixed-reality headset and the device may not appear at this year's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo today said.
Apple headset concept by David Lewis and Marcus Kane In a tweet, Kuo explained that Apple "isn't very optimistic" about whether the headset will be able to create an "iPhone moment." As a result,...
The periscope camera lens that will be exclusive to the iPhone 15 Pro Max will be solely supplied by Largan, according to the 相機鏡頭中獲利-apple-camera-lens-suppliers-face-two-risks-high-53db8da990b2">latest no by Apple industry analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.
Rumors about the iPhone getting a periscope lens have been circulating since early 2020, when Kuo first mentioned the possibility. The analyst...