Apple Comfirms Rumors To Staff....OS X v10.0.5
Anonymous writes "As of today (24th) Apple has released information about the forthcoming Mac OSX update (10.0.5) to customer support personnel and non-essential Apple employees.
Details from the internal memo circulating around the office state:
- DVD movie playback support is included in this release, but is limited ( forward, play, stop, pause, full screen etc) and is only in beta. This release will only function in a half decent way on certain Mac models which include: iMac (slot-loading), Cube, G4 Processors and Certain G3 processors that include Apple Made DVD Hardware and running atleast 300Mhz
- Increased support for a wide range of MP3 players and CD-RW's, and also includes drivers for the up and coming Mac OS X iDVD software. (hint, hint)
- Updated System Preferences ( no further details )
- Major Speed Increasements within the Finder and also during the boot process.
- Improved Core services items and 'slight' darwin improvements.
- Further details about this release are not available although 'dock' improvements have been rumored by higher level staff but have not been offically comfirmed to me.
- 10.0.5 Build Number =3Q8 ( rumor, not comfirmed my me)
Check out http://www.apple.com/hotnews/ on Friday (25th) "
As the end of 2023 nears, now is a good opportunity to look back at some of the devices and accessories that Apple discontinued throughout the year. Apple products discontinued in 2023 include the iPhone 13 mini, 13-inch MacBook Pro, MagSafe Battery Pack, MagSafe Duo Charger, and leather accessories. Also check out our lists of Apple products discontinued in 2022 and 2021. iPhone Mini ...
Apple with iOS 17.1 and watchOS 10.1 introduced a new NameDrop feature that is designed to allow users to place Apple devices near one another to quickly exchange contact information. Sharing contact information is done with explicit user permission, but some news organizations and police departments have been spreading misinformation about how functions. As noted by The Washington Post,...
Apple will likely release iOS 17.1.2 this week, based on mounting evidence of the software in our website's analytics logs in recent days. As a minor update, iOS 17.1.2 should be focused on bug fixes, but it's unclear exactly which issues might be addressed. Some users have continued to experience Wi-Fi issues on iOS 17.1.1, so perhaps iOS 17.1.2 will include the same fix for Wi-Fi...
Cyber Week has taken the place of Black Friday, and you'll find some of the same deals still around for the next few days, although many from Black Friday have now expired. This includes dozens of record low prices on Apple products like AirPods, iPad, Apple Watch, MacBook, iPhone, and more. Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a...
Black Friday 2023 has officially ended, but we're still tracking some of the best deals of the year on Apple products like AirPods, iPad, iPhone, MacBook, and many more. Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running. Specifically, in this article we're...