Apple TV+ Show 'Shantaram' With Charlie Hunnam to Premiere October 14

Upcoming Apple TV+ show "Shantaram" will premiere on Friday, October 14, Apple announced today. "Shantaram" has been in the works since 2018, and it is based on Gregory David Roberts' 2003 novel of the same name.

shantaram
The show focuses on a character named Lin, a convict who flees from an Australian prison and disappears into the city of Bombay. In India, Lin's journey takes him through a hidden society of soldiers, gangsters, and criminals.

Charlie Hunnam, known for "Sons of Anarchy" and "Pacific Rim," is set to star in "Shantaram" as the main character.

"Shantaram" follows a fugitive named Lin Ford (Hunnam) looking to get lost in vibrant and chaotic 1980s Bombay. Alone in an unfamiliar city, Lin struggles to avoid the trouble he's running from in this new place. After falling for an enigmatic and intriguing woman named Karla, Lin must choose between freedom or love and the complications that come with it.

The first three episodes will come out on October 14, with a new episode to follow every Friday through December 16. There are 12 episodes in total.

‌Apple TV+‌ is priced at $4.99 per month, with content available in the TV app on iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, and a wide range of third-party devices. A seven-day free trial is available, and customers who purchase a new Apple device and who have not yet subscribed to ‌Apple TV+‌ can get a free three month trial.

iOS 18 CarPlay Feature

iOS 18 Adds These 5 New Features to CarPlay

Thursday June 13, 2024 7:44 am PDT by
iOS 18 Wallet Feature

Here's What's New in Apple Wallet on iOS 18 for Event Tickets and More

Friday June 14, 2024 7:32 am PDT by
maxresdefault

First Look at Messages via Satellite in iOS 18

Thursday June 13, 2024 11:29 am PDT by
iOS 18 Siri Integrated Feature

You Can Give Siri a New Name With iOS 18's Vocal Shortcuts

Friday June 14, 2024 4:33 pm PDT by
Apple in iOS 18 added a Vocal Shortcuts accessibility feature, and now that iOS 18 is available in a beta capacity, users have figured out that this option can be used to give Siri a new wake word. With Vocal Shortcuts, you can assign a custom phrase that Siri can understand to launch shortcuts and complete "complex tasks," and one of the shortcuts you can set up is an alternative for "Hey...

GeoStructural Avatar
Seems like the type of shows I like. I hope Apple allows the creators freedom to portray something crude, memorable, and interesting.

I believe Severance is the best show on TV Plus right now, I truly hope they amp it up with a good catalogue, I am not a hater as others have called me before, but I just have been let down by most of the content on the platform.
Think|Different Avatar
Loved this guy in "Sons of Anarchy" – if he plays even as half of melodramatic, brooding role, I'm in!
1557750 Avatar
He was great in SOA and PR. Seems like he’s gotten lackluster roles since. Or next to no roles. Would love to see him more successful.
arkitect Avatar

I wasn't aware of this until recently, I watched a true crime show where a rich kid from Australia murd*r*d somebody and he simply fled to India, changed his hair color, name and even lived a life of luxury there.
I have to ask, but… murd*r*d ? ?

Murdered? I didn't know it is a swear word these days.

Is this a new thing, censoring random words?

So hard to keep up with trends these days.
GeoStructural Avatar

Many criminals flee to India, Thailand, Indonesia.

They pay bribe there to change names, police protection and all that.
gavroche Avatar

I have to ask, but… murd*r*d ? ?

Murdered? I didn't know it is a swear word these days.

Is this a new thing, censoring random words?

So hard to keep up with trends these days.
Well… it is indeed hard to keep up. Apparently you aren’t even allowed to say the word Mother any more. :rolleyes:

But anyhow, I read both Shantaram, and the sequel book… loved them so much. When I heard they were making a movie I was so excited. And I suppose a series is even better, because it will be so much longer.