New MacBook Pro Features Breakdown: Everything Rumors Say We Can Expect

With Apple's redesigned MacBook Pro believed to be just days away from being announced at Apple's "Unleashed" event, we have compiled all of the coherent rumors from our news coverage to build a full picture of the features and upgrades coming to the company's highly-anticipated new laptops.

M1X MBP Feature
It is worth noting that the rumors below are aggregated from our coverage from a wide range of sources, including leakers, analysts, and publications. The reliability of each source varies, so some of the rumored features may need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

That being said, this year's MacBook Pro rumors have been very consistent, with sources including Ming-Chi Kuo, Bloomberg's Mark Gurman, and "Dylandkt," as well as MacRumors' own findings, presenting a very similar picture of the new machines.

The overall view of the redesigned MacBook Pro rumors gives a good idea of many of the upcoming upgrades and what users can largely expect from the new machines when they are officially revealed. Apple's "Unleashed" special event takes place on Monday, October 18, where the new MacBook Pro models are widely expected to be announced. For more detailed information about the redesigned MacBook Pro models, see our comprehensive "Everything We Know" guide.

Update October 15: Updated to include mention of a last-minute rumor of a display notch.

Related Roundup: MacBook Pro 14 & 16"
Related Forum: MacBook Pro

iOS 17

Apple Sheds More Light on iOS 17.5 Bug That Resurfaced Deleted Photos

Friday May 24, 2024 2:36 am PDT by

JMO1 Avatar
It’s crazy how excited we are in 2021 for a 14” computer, with a row of function keys, no bezels, a regular amount of ports, and MagCharing.
Apple has really nerfed the MBP line for us to be ending up here
TheDailyApple Avatar
I’m hoping for a MagSafe/USB-C combo port. Having both available would accomplish the same thing I suppose, but combining them would be really cool.

Attachment Image
fwmireault Avatar

not listening to rumors anymore. All it is just pundits from people who like to improve their career on false bs like Jon p
You’re on the wrong website buddy
puckhead193 Avatar
While I like mag safe charging from way back. I did like be able to use whatever side of the computer I wanted to charge via usb c
rnizlek Avatar

I understand why MagSafe is popular and I welcome it back. However I truly hope that these also support USB-C charging or at very least Apple offers an official USB-C to MagSafe adapter. Being able to connect a single cable from a Thunderbolt dock to cover everything from display to power is very convenient, but more importantly having to carry a separate power adapter is an enormous hassle when traveling. With USB-C I can bring along one power adapter that can charge my phone, work laptop (PC), and personal laptop. USB-C also makes it very convenient to power a laptop off a battery pack without the inefficiency of an inverter.

I realize there are USB-C to MagSafe adapters but I haven’t found a good quality one made by a decent company yet.
Orange Bat Avatar
They should up the minimum storage to 1TB on MacBook Pros. 256GB was criminal when I bought mine in 2015 with limited funds. 512GB is a great improvement, but should be more for the price. (I bought my Mac Mini with 1TB. It’s the best value Mac in the line-up and I have zero complaints.)