Apple Updates iWork for iOS and macOS With New Linking Features and More

Apple today updated its suite of iWork apps, including Pages, Keynotes, and Numbers for iOS and macOS, with new features related to Schoolwork and the ability to link web pages, email addresses, and phone numbers to different shapes and objects.

iWork Trio Feature
For Pages and Numbers on iOS and macOS, the updates include the ability for users to link different elements, such as a link to a web page, an email address, and phone number to different shapes, objects, lines, and text boxes.

Pages, Numbers, and Keynote also now enable teachers using Apple's Schoolwork feature to "view student progress, including word count and time spent." The updates are available for free via the App Store on iOS and macOS.

tubular Avatar

People use iWork apps? I guess so. I should try them.
Keynote’s way better than PowerPoint.
GMcKenzie Avatar

People use iWork apps? I guess so. I should try them.
Pages is awesome. I write all my novels in Pages then simply export to Word for agents and publishers (defacto standard) or ePub if I'm updating a self-published book. As an older dude, through the ages I've gone from writing on a manual typewriter, electric typewriter, various typesetters (ooh, a one-line screen), then a Mac LC with Word and 2MB of RAM, upgrade, upgrade, and now MacBook Air & iPad Pro with Pages (can update on either and it auto syncs).
cmaier Avatar

People use iWork apps? I guess so. I should try them.
Keynote is actually pretty great. Numbers and Pages are acceptable alternatives to something like Google Docs, but they can't really be used as replacements for MS Office unless your needs are pretty limited.
BWhaler Avatar
I have an unhealthy love of iWork. It’s some of Apple’s best software. Great work by the team.
AdrianCobon Avatar

EXCEL is the MS App to beat and is still going strong
It depends on what you want to use it for. I use Numbers to do the monthly billing for a relative's small business due to its ability to craft professional looking invoices without having to spend a good half hour customizing everything.
Just sayin... Avatar
For me, unless Numbers has Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts and Slicer support, I can’t adopt it. I know, there are “work-arounds”, but this doesn’t work for my uses (I’ve tried). If Apple would incorporate aforementioned features into Numbers, I could dump MS Office entirely!