Useful Accessories for Apple's iPad Pro
Apple's iPad Pro is more powerful than many laptop computers on the market, and with the right accessories, it can be just as useful as a standard MacBook. For those of you who have iPad Pros and are looking to boost productivity, or for those who are planning to get an iPad Pro and are pre-shopping for accessories, we've rounded up some useful iPad Pro accessory options in our latest YouTube video.
Make sure to watch the video to check out our picks, and we've also provided short descriptions and links below.
- Magic Keyboard ($300) - Priced starting at $300, the Magic Keyboard from Apple is the best keyboard and trackpad combo available for the 2018 and 2020 iPad Pro models. It features a unique floating design, scissor keys that feel great under the fingers, backlighting, and, of course, a trackpad that supports the trackpad gestures baked into the most recent versions of iPadOS.
- Logitech Folio Touch ($160) - If $300 for a keyboard is too expensive, Logitech has the Folio Touch that's almost as good, as long as you have an 11-inch iPad Pro. It doesn't work quite as well in the lap, but it offers the same trackpad experience as the Magic Keyboard along with benefits like full device protection, a function row of keys, and support for more viewing angles. If you want to know more, check out our review here.
- Nomad Rugged Folio Case ($70 to $170) - For those that don't need a keyboard case but still want protection, the Rugged Leather Folio Case from Nomad is a solid option for those who want protection with a luxury look. The high-end version is made from Horween leather and offers sleep/wake functionality, a built-in kickstand mode, and space for charging the Apple Pencil.
- MEGOO Tempered Glass Screen Protector ($14) - To protect the iPad Pro's display from scratches and minor damage, a screen protector is a good idea. There's little reason to go with an expensive option when cheaper screen protectors from Amazon work just as well. MEGOO is a brand that MacRumors videographer Dan has used in the past, and since there's two to a pack, you get a do-over if you mess up the application.
- Lamicall Tablet Stand ($24) - This affordable tablet stand works well with the iPad Pro and it's a good option if you want to have a way to dock your iPad at home. It has a solid aluminum construction with rubber pads at the bottom to prevent it from sliding around.
- Logitech K380 Bluetooth Keyboard ($30) - If you need a no frills keyboard to use with an iPad Pro desk setup, Logitech's recently released K380 keyboard is worth checking out. It's full size, but portable, and it can connect to three different devices at the same time. It lasts for up to two years with two AAA batteries.
- HyperDrive 6-in-1 Hub ($70) - The iPad Pro only has a single USB-C port, so an adapter that adds additional ports can be useful. HyperDrive's compact 6-in-1 Hub attaches to the side of the iPad Pro and adds a 4K HDMI port, a USB-A port, an SD and micro SD card slot, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a USB-C port for charging while using the other port options.
- SteelSeries Nimbus+ Controller ($60) - If you want to game on your iPad Pro but don't have an Xbox or PlayStation controller, the SteelSeries Nimbus+ works with the iPad Pro, iPhone, and Apple TV. It has a built-in rechargeable battery and is compatible with thousands of titles across the App Store and Apple Arcade. It supports multiple joysticks and has tactile d-pad buttons for a fast and responsive gaming experience.
Have a favorite iPad Pro accessory we didn't mention in our video? Let us know in the comments.
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.
We've seen a lot of teasers about the Beats Studio Buds over the past month since they first showed up in Apple's beta software updates, and today they're finally official. The Beats Studio Buds are available to order today in red, white, and black ahead of a June 24 ship date, and they're priced at $149.99.
The Studio Buds are the first Beats-branded earbuds to truly compete with AirPods...
Serif today announced across-the-board updates for its popular suite of Affinity creative apps, including Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, and the Apple award-winning Affinity Publisher for Mac, all of which were among the first professional creative suites to be optimized for Apple's new M1 chip.
"After another year which saw record numbers of people switching to Affinity, it's exciting to...
As is tradition, Apple executives Craig Federighi and Greg Joswiak joined Daring Fireball's John Gruber in an episode of The Talk Show to discuss several announcements that Apple made over this weeks WWDC, including iPadOS 15, macOS Monterey, and a large focus around privacy.
Federighi kicks off the conversation discussing the common architecture, now thanks to Apple silicon, across all of...
The upcoming 14-inch MacBook Pro is set to be more expensive than the current 13-inch MacBook Pro and both the 14 and 16-inch models will offer the same performance, according to the leaker known as "Dylandkt."
The leaker shared the information on Twitter, explaining that both of the upcoming MacBook Pro models, expected to come in 14 and 16-inch sizes, will feature the same performance due...
YouTube is planning to stop supporting its YouTube app on the third-generation Apple TV models, where YouTube has long been available as a channel option.
A 9to5Mac reader received a message about the upcoming app discontinuation, which is set to take place in March.Starting early March, the YouTube app will no longer be available on Apple TV (3rd generation). You can still watch YouTube on...
Google and the three major U.S. carriers, including Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile, will all support a new communications protocol on Android smartphones starting in 2022, a move that puts pressure on Apple to adopt a new cross-platform messaging standard and may present a challenge to iMessage.
Verizon recently announced that it is planning to adopt Messages by Google as its default messaging...
Google has rolled out picture-in-picture support as an "experimental" feature for YouTube premium subscribers, allowing them to watch video in a small window when the app is closed.
If you're a premium YouTube subscriber looking to try out picture-in-picture, follow these steps: Launch a web browser and sign into your YouTube account at YouTube.com.
Navigate to www.youtube.com/new.
The iPhone 13 will feature low earth orbit (LEO) satellite communication connectivity to allow users to make calls and send messages in areas without 4G or 5G coverage, according to the reliable analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.
In a note to investors, seen by MacRumors, Kuo explained that the iPhone 13 lineup will feature hardware that is able to connect to LEO satellites. If enabled with the relevant...
Twitter today introduced Snapchat-style QR codes, which are designed to make it easier to find and follow friends on the social network. Each Twitter QR code is unique to an individual Twitter user, so when scanned, it'll bring up the person's account.
To access your Twitter QR code, you'll need the official Twitter app for iOS. In the app, go to your profile, tap on the gear icon, and select...
Apple today seeded the sixth developer beta of macOS Monterey, the newest version of the macOS operating system. The sixth beta comes three weeks after Apple released the fifth macOS Monterey beta.
Registered developers can download the beta through the Apple Developer Center and once the appropriate profile is installed, betas will be available through the Software Update mechanism in...