Apple Posts Video of iBooks and iTunes U Media Event
Following today's media event that saw the introduction of iBooks 2 with new iPad digital textbooks alongside expanded iTunes U functionality, Apple has now posted video of the event to its site. The video is also available as a podcast video download in HD and standard formats. Among today's announcements:
- Apple Launches iBooks 2 with Interactive Textbooks
- 'iBooks Author' eBook Authoring App for Mac Now Available
- iTunes U for iPad Retools the Learning Experience
Our additional coverage includes:
- Hands-On Video With Apple's Digital Textbooks
- Some iPad Textbooks Weigh In Above Apple's 2GB Book Size Limit
- iBooks Textbook Sales: Authors Set Pricing Up to $14.99, Apple Takes 30%, iBooks-Exclusive
- New iBooks 'Not Technically' in ePub Format
Top Rated Comments
Nope iTunes U was great and they made it better.
Back in my day we WALKED to school. We didn't have no SCHOOOOOL BUS. NO SIR! We walked in the snow uphill, BOTH WAYS! We didn't need no new-fangled CAL-CU-LA-TERS. We counted on our fingers. Some kids didn't even have ten fingers because they lost some to frost bight in the snow. But, that was the way it was, and we liked it. BY GOLLY WE LOVED IT!
Yeah, or you could buy college textbooks for $200 a piece. I could easily see myself using this. Can't believe some of you who think this is a bad idea.
He really is, looks far fitter and isn't pouring with sweat onstage. Thought he delivered a very clear keynote.
Did you watch something different than the rest of us? They introduced authoring, publishing and distribution tools today; they did not announce any of their own books. In fact there is no original content outside of tutorials for Apple products available from Apple in iTunes or iBooks. So I do not know where you came to the conclusion that Apple has any particular point of view on history, science or religion they want to put in children's heads.