An Apple ID is a key part of owning an Apple device, and it is used for access to iCloud, the App Store, iTunes, Apple Music, and more. It is also necessary for syncing content across devices, making purchases, and more.
Creating an Apple ID is free and easy, and it's the first step to getting an Apple device set up if you're new to the Apple ecosystem. This how to walks through creating an Apple ID on an a Windows PC.
- Open iTunes for Windows and make sure it's up to date.
- Using the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, select Account > Sign In.
- Choose the Create New Apple ID option.
You need to enter your first name and last name, country, a password, and a series of security questions.
Note that you may be asked to provide a credit card and billing information, but choosing "None" allows the request to be bypassed. Apple ID account sign ups will need to be verified, and Apple will send a verification email.
Signing Up on the Web
On a PC, you can also sign up for an Apple ID on the web by following these steps:
- Open a browser.
- Visit the Apple ID account page through this link.
- Scroll down to "Create your Apple ID" and click it.
- Go through the steps and fill out the form.
The process for signing up for an Apple ID on the web is identical to the sign up process through iTunes, and it will require the same verification.