If you or someone else enters your password, security questions, or other account information incorrectly too many times, Apple automatically locks your Apple ID for security reasons. If that's happened to your account, here are some of the kinds of messages you'll see:
- "This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons."
- "You can't sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons."
- "This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons."
How to Unlock a Disabled Apple ID
- Open a browser and go to iforgot.apple.com.
- Enter your Apple ID email in the box.
- Follow the onscreen prompts and answer the questions to verify that you are the owner of the account.
- If you're having trouble, call Apple support on 800-APL-CARE (800-275-2273) or chat to an Apple specialist online.