It used to be the case that adding funds to your Apple ID required redeeming an iTunes Gift Card bought from a store, but Apple now lets you use a debit or credit card right on your iPhone or iPad to do the same thing.
Adding funds to your Apple ID allows you to make purchases from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store on any of your Apple devices. It's easy to add funds to your Apple account once you know how. Simply follow these steps.
How to Add Funds to Your Apple ID
- Launch the App Store app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap your profile picture in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Add Funds to Apple ID.
- Tap one of the preset amounts, or tap Other to enter a custom amount.
- Tap Next.
- Authorize the transaction using Face ID, Touch ID, or your passcode.
You can check how much credit you have on your Apple ID any time. Simply open the App Store app and tap your profile picture, and you'll see the amount right under your Apple ID banner.