Apple Increases Trade-In Values for Select iPhones, iPads and Macs
Apple today announced increased trade-in values for a limited number of older iPhone models in an effort to encourage customers to upgrade to the iPhone 14 lineup.
Trade-in values have gone up for the iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, and iPhone 7 Plus, with the new pricing listed below.
- iPhone 13 Pro Max: Up to $600 (vs. $570)
- iPhone 13 Pro: Up to $500 (vs. $470)
- iPhone 13: Up to $400 (No Change)
- iPhone 13 mini: Up to $350 (No Change)
- iPhone SE 3rd generation: Up to $160 (Newly Added)
- iPhone 12 Pro Max: Up to $420 (vs. $400)
- iPhone 12 Pro: Up to $330 (No Change)
- iPhone 12: Up to $300 (No Change)
- iPhone 12 mini: Up to $250 (No Change)
- iPhone SE (2nd generation): Up to $100 (No Change)
- iPhone 11 Pro Max: Up to $280 (No Change)
- iPhone 11 Pro: Up to $230 (No Change)
- iPhone 11: Up to $200 (No Change)
- iPhone XS Max: Up to $200 (No Change)
- iPhone XS: Up to $160 (No Change)
- iPhone XR: Up to $150 (No Change)
- iPhone X: Up to $130 (No Change)
- iPhone 8 Plus: Up to $100 (No Change)
- iPhone 8: Up to $75 (No Change)
- iPhone 7 Plus: Up to $60 (vs. $50)
- iPhone 7: Up to $40 (No Change)
There have also been some minor tweaks to iPad and Mac trade-in values.
- iPad Pro: Up to $445 (No Change)
- iPad Air: Up to $320 (vs. $230)
- iPad: Up to $165 (vs. $160)
- iPad mini: Up to $240 (No Change)
- MacBook Pro: Up to $730 (vs. $670)
- MacBook Air: Up to $515 (vs. $460)
- MacBook: Up to $125 (vs. $110)
- iMac Pro: Up to $575 (vs. $600)
- iMac: Up to $570 (vs. $530)
- Mac Pro: Up to $1,250 (No Change)
- Mac mini: Up to $375 (vs. $340)
- Apple Watch Series 7: Up to $165 (vs. $160)
- Apple Watch Series 6: Up to $105 (No Change)
- Apple Watch SE: Up to $70 (vs. $65)
- Apple Watch Series 5: Up to $80 (vs. $75)
- Apple Watch Series 4: Up to $50 (vs. $45)
Note that while trade-in value have gone up, many of these prices are still lower than 2022 prices as Apple decreased trade-in values back in January.
A full list of trade-in values, including those for Android smartphones, cis available on Apple's trade-in website.
Apple says iOS 16.4 is coming in the spring, which began this week. In his Sunday newsletter, Bloomberg's Mark Gurman said the update should be released "in the next three weeks or so," meaning a public release is likely in late March or early April.
iOS 16.4 remains in beta testing and introduces a handful of new features and changes for the iPhone. Below, we have recapped five new features ...
As previously rumored, the next-generation iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max will feature a unified volume button and a mute button, according to leaked CAD images shared in a video on the Chinese version of TikTok and posted to Twitter by ShrimpApplePro.
Instead of separate buttons for volume up and volume down, the iPhone 15 Pro models are expected to have a single elongated button for...
The iOS 16.4 update that is set to be released to the public in the near future includes voice isolation for cellular calls, according to notes that Apple shared today.
Apple says that Voice Isolation will prioritize your voice and block out the ambient noise around you, making for clearer phone calls where you can better hear the person you're chatting with and vice versa.
The iOS 16.4 release candidate version that was provided to developers today appears to hint at a new set of AirPods that could be coming in the near future. According to @aaronp613, the beta features references to AirPods that have a model number of A3048 and an AirPods case with a model number of A2968.
There have been no rumors that new AirPods are on the horizon, and it is early for...
Nothing today announced the launch of its second-generation wireless earbuds, the Nothing Ear (2), which offer many of the same features as Apple's AirPods Pro 2 at a lower price point. We went hands-on with the Ear (2) earbuds to see whether they're a viable alternative to the AirPods Pro 2 for those who want to save some cash.
The Ear (2) earbuds are the successor to the Nothing Ear (1),...
Apple today seeded the release candidate versions of upcoming iOS 16.4 and iPadOS 16.4 updates to developers for testing purposes, with the software coming a week after the launch of the fourth betas. The RCs mark the final version of the software that will be provided to the public in the near future. Registered developers are able to download the iOS 16.4 and iPadOS 16.4 updates...
Apple is tracking the attendance of its employees at offices using badge records in order to ensure they are coming in at least three times a week, according to Platformer's Zoë Schiffer.
Since April 2022, Apple employees have been operating on a hybrid home/office work policy as part of a gradual return strategy following the pandemic, with staff required to work from the office at least...
While the iPhone 15 series is still around six months away from launching, there have already been plenty of rumors about the devices. Many new features and changes have been rumored for the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max in particular.
Below, we have recapped 10 changes rumored for iPhone 15 Pro models that are not expected to be available on the standard iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus:A1...
Top Rated Comments
They (Apple) no doubt fell the pressure lately surrounding the concern of trade-in values, and have responded to that rather than providing a fair price in the first place. And this is still worser value than the previous price changes.
All jokes aside, $600 for a 13 Pro Max is actually solid. Not going to lie. Wish MacBook Pro was up to $1,000+. Can’t win them all