Apple Cuts Trade-In Value of iPhone, Mac, Apple Watch, and iPad Models
Apple has once again adjusted the maximum trade-in values of iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac models, lowering the amount customers can receive when trading in their existing devices for one of the company's newer products.
The old and updated iPhone trade-in values can be found below.
- iPhone 12 Pro Max: Up to $600, down from $650
- iPhone 12 Pro: Up to $500, down from $550
- iPhone 12: Up to $400, down from $420
- iPhone 12 miin: Up to $300, down from $320
- 2nd generation iPhone SE: Up to $140, down from $150
- iPhone 11 Pro Max: Up to $400, down from $420
- iPhone 11 Pro: Up to $300, down from $350
- iPhone 11: Up to $230, down from $300
- iPhone XS Max: Up to $220, down from $250
- iPhone XS: Up to $170, down from $200
- iPhone XR: Up to $160, down from $200
- iPhone X: Up to $150, down from $170
- iPhone 8 Plus: Up to $140, down from $160
- iPhone 8: Up to $90, down from $100
- iPhone 6s Plus: Up to $40, down from $50
- iPhone 6s: Up to $25, down from $30
Apple also updated trade-in values for the Mac, iPad, and Apple Watch, which can be seen below.
- iMac Pro: Up to $1350, down from $1500
- iMac: Up to $830, down from $850
- Mac Pro: Up to $1800, down from $2000
- Mac mini: Up to $400, down from $450
- iPad Pro: Up to $555, down from $655
- iPad Air: Up to $275, down from $290
- iPad: Up to $180, down from $190
- iPad mini: Up to $185, down from $200
- Apple Watch SE: Up to $105, down from $120
- Apple Watch Series 5: Up to $115, down from $120
- Apple Watch Series 4: Up to $75, down from $85
- Apple Watch Series 3: Up to $40, down from $50
As a reminder, the prices listed on Apple's trade-in websites are only estimates. The actual trade-in value will vary depending on device condition. Apple periodically changes trade-in values and more information can be seen on Apple's website.
Apple is ending its credit card partnership with Goldman Sachs, according to The Wall Street Journal. Apple plans to stop working with Goldman Sachs in the next 12 to 15 months, and it is not yet clear if Apple has established a new partnership for the Apple Card. Apple and Goldman Sachs will dissolve their entire consumer partnership, including the Apple Card and the Apple Savings account....
Apple is wrapping up development on iOS 17.2, with the update expected to come out in December. While we're getting to the end of the beta testing period, Apple is still tweaking features and adding new functionality. We've rounded up everything new in the fourth beta of iOS 17.2. Default Notification Sound Under Sounds & Haptics, there's a new "Default Alerts" section that allows you to ...
Apple with iOS 17.1 and watchOS 10.1 introduced a new NameDrop feature that is designed to allow users to place Apple devices near one another to quickly exchange contact information. Sharing contact information is done with explicit user permission, but some news organizations and police departments have been spreading misinformation about how NameDrop functions. As noted by The Washington...
At WWDC in June 2022, Apple previewed the next generation of CarPlay, promising deeper integration with vehicle functions like A/C and FM radio, support for multiple displays across the dashboard, increased personalization, and more. Apple's website still says the first vehicles with support for the next-generation CarPlay experience will be announced in "late 2023," but it has not shared...
Apple will likely release iOS 17.1.2 this week, based on mounting evidence of the software in our website's analytics logs in recent days. As a minor update, iOS 17.1.2 should be focused on bug fixes, but it's unclear exactly which issues might be addressed. Some users have continued to experience Wi-Fi issues on iOS 17.1.1, so perhaps iOS 17.1.2 will include the same fix for Wi-Fi...
Apple is discontinuing in-house modem development after several unsuccessful attempts to perfect its own custom 5G modem chip, according to unconfirmed reports coming out of Asia. According to the operator of news aggregator account "yeux1122" on the Naver blog, supply chain sources related to Apple's 5G modem departments claim that the company's attempts to develop its own modem have...
As the end of 2023 nears, now is a good opportunity to look back at some of the devices and accessories that Apple discontinued throughout the year. Apple products discontinued in 2023 include the iPhone 13 mini, 13-inch MacBook Pro, MagSafe Battery Pack, MagSafe Duo Charger, and leather accessories. Also check out our lists of Apple products discontinued in 2022 and 2021. iPhone Mini ...
Google Drive users have been warned not to disconnect their account within the Google Drive for desktop app, after a spate of reports of files going missing from the cloud service. Alarm bells began ringing last week on Google's community support site when some users reported files mysteriously disappearing from Google Drive, with some posters claiming six or more months of data had...