Apple today seeded the third beta of an upcoming macOS 10.15.4 update to developers for testing purposes, one week after seeding the second beta and a month after releasing macOS Catalina 10.15.3.

The new ‌‌macOS Catalina‌‌ beta can be downloaded using the Software Update mechanism in System Preferences after installing the proper software from the Developer Center.

macos catalina wallpaper
macOS Catalina 10.15.4 includes Screen Time Communication Limits, a feature first brought to the iPhone in the iOS 13.3 update, and it brings a new Head Pointer Accessibility option that allows the cursor to be controlled with head movements using the Mac's camera.

Real-time lyrics are included in macOS 10.15.4, bringing an iOS feature introduced in iOS 13 to the Mac. Real-time lyrics allow the lyrics for a song to scroll in real-time to the music so you can follow along with what's being sung.

References to AMD processors have also been discovered in the macOS 10.15.4 beta, leading to speculation that Apple is working on AMD-based Macs, but these references could simply be for internal testing rather than evidence of an AMD Mac.

Though not directly related to macOS Catalina 10.15.4, Apple is adding a new universal purchase option for macOS and iOS apps, which will allow Apple device users to purchase one app that works across multiple platforms.

Related Forum: macOS Catalina

FixAppleMail Avatar
Hi,

I am sitting and watching a movie on a full screen. Apple Mail is running in hidden or minimized state so it fetches emails. At some point the Mail app appear as a full screen split window next to my movie. My movie watching experience is interacted. I watch the Mail - there should be a new mail, right - NO, no new email. Apple Mail window decided to manifest itself and pop right next to my full screen movie experience in order just to show up - NO NEW MAIL.

My email provider is Gmail, why you would ask - well because professional companies want @yourdomain.com or @gmail.com, maybe @outlook.com in some cases, @icloud.com is not "pro" enough, so that's why I use Gmail. I don't know if your interaction with Gmail is the cause.

Now I just quit my Apple Mail each time I want to watch a movie or a video in full screen in order for it not to show up.

That bug is clearly irritating, it is there from many of the past versions of the OS. I tough it was just me. I have a MacBook Air with clean-installed Catalina on it - happens there as well, so the glitch comes from the OS itself and your Apple Mail application.

Opening MacRumors or 9to5Mac comment threads you'll see TONS of people complain for that under each news of new stable, beta or alpha version of the OS or an update. EVERY THREAD has someone saying something about THIS BUG.

I have complained about it MANY TIMES throw different channels.

I am starting a petition if the next version of the OS doesn't update this. I will be contacting news and blog publishers regarding this petition.

THIS IS A SERIOUS BUG! PLEASE FIX IT!

Kind Regards
kissmo Avatar
I wonder if Mail keeps popping up and ruining full screen apps that play videos.i have this issue since Yosemite. Probably there is a fix but I haven’t managed to find out.
macintoshmac Avatar
Build 19E242d for those who miss the info in the MR article like it used to be given.
MacGizmo Avatar

Hi,

Kind Regards
The only three words in your response worth reading and that didn't make me laugh.
TMRJIJ Avatar

Same issue for me
SammyM Avatar

Have you reported the issue to Apple?
Of course yes! On Apple Feedback (is this the right place?). Three times (after release of 10.15.1, 10.15.2 and 10.15.3.