Apple tonight officially announced the winners of the Apple Design Awards 2019. Recipients are selected based on what the company thinks are some of the best apps for various Apple platforms.
- Ordia – a one-finger action platform game.
- Flow by Moleskine – a practical and artful note-taking app.
- The Gardens Between – a puzzler in which players control the passage of time.
- Asphalt 9: Legends – a high-powered, console-grade arcade racing game.
- Pixelmator Photo – a powerful yet approachable image editor.
- ELOH – a puzzler involving shifting blocks to direct bouncing balls.
- Butterfly iQ — Ultrasound – a CE-approved, FDA-cleared whole-body ultrasound app.
- Thumper: Pocket Edition – a heavy-metal rhythm game with impressive graphics.
- HomeCourt - The Basketball App – a coaching app with AI-powered shot tracking.
Apple plans to make a video of the Apple Design Awards ceremony available online in the near future, and it will be available on the Apple Design Awards website.
Aside from a cube-shaped trophy and exposure in the App Store, all Apple Design Award Winners receive a maxed out MacBook Pro and iMac Pro, an iPhone XS (512GB), a 12-inch iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, an Apple Watch Series 4, an Apple TV 4K, and a pair of AirPods.