New 'The Rock x Siri' Ads Highlights Siri's HomeKit and Multi-Language Support
Apple today uploaded two additional videos in its series that stars Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Apple's personal assistant Siri, both of which are meant to show off Siri's range of functionality.
In the first video, The Rock uses Siri to activate the HomeKit-connected lights in his gym, and in the second, he speaks in Mandarin, demonstrating Siri's ability to work with multiple languages.
Support for multiple languages is one of the main differentiating factors between Siri and other voice-based AI assistants like Alexa and Cortana.
Both of today's videos are new, but look similar to scenes that were in the original "The Rock x Siri Dominate the Day" spot, which is three and a half minutes in length. In the first ad, The Rock is seen using Siri throughout an entire day as he commandeers a plane, cooks a meal in a high-end restaurant, and ends up in space.
Apple yesterday shared three other short ads depicting The Rock asking the personal assistant to set a reminder, set a timer, and take a selfie.
Apple's partnership with The Rock to highlight Siri features comes as Apple gears up to release its first Siri-based speaker at the end of this year, the HomePod. Siri is also an important part of the iPhone, iPad, and Mac, with Apple undoubtedly hoping to increase awareness about all of the things Siri can do through the ad series.
Top Rated Comments
When I'm driving, it's supposed to help me stay concentrated on the road, but the reality is it's so disturbing and frustrating to use, that I end up losing my attention all the time. Especially when it takes 15 attempts to :
* Play the song One More Light : Sure ! (opens Apple Music and downloads a random song called One More Light)
* Play One More Light : Okay David ! Playing One More Night from Maroon 5.
* Play the song One More Light from Linkin Park : Sure, let's play One More Night from Maroon 5.
* Play the album One More Light from Linkin Park : I couldn't find music from Lincoln Park.
* Play the album One More Light from Linkin Park : Playing Linkin Park, shuffled.
* And so on...
It has been like that since I have Siri on my iPhone 5 and 6s. How can you NOT be frustrated???