Rockstar Games has officially released Bully: Anniversary Edition on mobile devices for $6.99, including iOS [Direct Link] and Android. The launch of the mobile app for the game comes ten years after Bully originally launched in the fall of 2006 for the PlayStation 2.
The new "Anniversary Edition" includes all of the content from the game's "Scholarship Edition" -- which was a graphical enhancement that added a few more features onto the game two years after its original release -- as well as including a few new mobile-focused updates of its own. Bully: Anniversary Edition has gained support for high-resolution displays, enhanced graphics, improved lighting and textures, and controls redesigned for touch gameplay.
On top of all of its new graphic overhauls, a new multiplayer component has also been added, called "Friend Challenges." The turn-based mode lets players compete in head-to-head "arcade style mini-games," using Bully's prep school classroom theme to see who can dissect frogs the fastest, solve word problems, and more. The full list of features for Bully: Anniversary Edition are listed below:
• Includes the complete Bully story with extra missions, characters, classroom mini-games, and unlockable items from Bully: Scholarship Edition
• Gorgeous graphics: high resolution textures, dynamic lighting, shadows and particle effects
• Native support for high resolution displays
• Challenge your friends anywhere with turn based multiplayer Friend Challenges. Play on the go and get notified when it’s your turn
• Intelligent touch controls with contextual buttons only when you need them
• Seamlessly continue your game across all your devices with cloud saves via the Rockstar Games Social Club
• Physical controller support
• Taptic Engine Feedback for all buttons on iPhone 7 class devices
• Capture your gameplay with Replay Kit support on iPhone 6S and greater class devices
Rockstar Games noted that Bully: Anniversary Edition requires 2.4 GB of space and is supported on the iPhone 5 and newer, iPod Touch 6th Gen, iPad 4th Gen and newer, iPad Mini 2 and newer, and iPad Pro.
For a deeper dive into the mechanics of the game, check out TouchArcade's review of Bully: Anniversary Edition right here.