Apple TV+ Shares Trailer for Comedy Series 'Mr. Corman' Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Apple TV+ today released the trailer for "Mr. Corman," a new comedy series created by, directed by, and starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The first two episodes of the 10-episode first season will debut on August 6, followed by one new episode weekly every Friday.

"Mr. Corman" follows the days and nights of Josh Corman (played by Gordon-Levitt), an artist at heart but not by trade. A career in music hasn't panned out, and he teaches fifth grade at a public school in the San Fernando Valley. His ex-fiancé Megan has moved out, and his high school buddy Victor has moved in. He knows he has a lot to be thankful for, but finds himself struggling with anxiety, loneliness, and self-confidence issues.

"Darkly funny, oddly beautiful and deeply heartfelt, this relatable dramedy speaks for our contemporary generation of 30-somethings: rich with good intentions, poor with student loans, and yearning to become real grown-ups sometime before they die," said Apple, in a press release accompanying the trailer.

"Mr. Corman" is distributed by A24, known for films such as "Midsommar" and "Lady Bird."

iPhone 16 Pro Max Generic Feature 2

5 Biggest Changes Rumored for iPhone 16 Pro Max

Tuesday May 21, 2024 7:29 am PDT by

Martinpa Avatar
I appreciate how anytime there is Apple TV+ news, people feel the need to explain in excruciating details why they don’t pay/plan to pay for it. We get it, it’s not Netflix, nothing speaks to you and there is no back catalogue.

Haven’t watched the trailer yet, but the very basis of the show reminds me of Pixar’s Soul setting. I’ll go watch and see what direction they are taking with it.
0128672 Avatar
Good to see more of Gordon-Leavitt.
SigEp265 Avatar
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is rad.
DotCom2 Avatar

I don't really understand the point of this story
Maybe it's because you haven't watched it yet?
IllinoisCorn Avatar

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is rad.
I do not understand why he is not a bigger star.
mattopotamus Avatar

I went ahead and cancelled my free TV- trial I had for the past 15 months. Yep it is TV- to me, no + about it at all. I got the free trial when I bought an ATV 4K, then got a 3-month extension to it after buying an iPad Air 2020. Over the past 15 months I never found a single series worth streaming. I watched 2 or 3 movies that were okay, but not great. The documentaries were of little to no interest to me, and I tend to love documentaries. TV- is simply not worth 5 cents to me, much less $5/month.

I love my ATV 4K streaming box, and I use it for at least 75% of what I stream/watch. But the TV- service is not worth my effort, much less the money it cost. First of all, Apple has nearly no programming! Seriously! Compare Apple's number of offerings to Amazon's Prime Video. Amazon has several times as many shows and movies. Compare TV- to Hulu, Netflix, or any other popular streaming service, and Apple has a very small fraction of shows and movies as the others. So first, and before they charge a dime for TV-, Apple needs to populate it with enough shows and movies to make it worth a dime. Next, they need to have good shows and movies, not just the handful of genres that mostly appeal to only the 15-35 year olds. Apple hasn't thought this through.
Definitely going to have to disagree here. For $4.99/month they put out higher quality content than nearly everyone. HBO is who comes to mind, and they are triple the cost. I understand you want a catalog of programming, but that is what Netflix is for. At $4.99, they are absolutely delivering quality content.