Apple earlier this year renewed Apple TV+ show "Dickinson" for a new season, and now casting for new roles has begun ahead of filming.

According to Variety, Finn Jones and Pico Alexander will be in the second season of the show.

dickinsoncast

Image credit: Rex/Shutterstock via Variety

"Dickinson," for those unfamiliar with the series, stars Hailee Steinfeld as famous American poet Emily Dickinson. The show explores the constraints of society, gender, and family from Dickinson's perspective, and the first season received largely positive reviews.

Jones will play the role of Samuel Bowles, a newspaper editor who was a close friend to Dickinson, and the two corresponded often. There has been speculation that Bowles was a romantic interest that Dickinson referenced in some of her poetry, though this is unconfirmed.

Jones is best known for playing Loras Tyrell in the early seasons of "Game of Thrones," and he also starred in Netflix Marvel series "Iron Fist."

Alexander will play Henry "Ship" Shipley, an Amherst College dropout and a boarder with the Dickinsons. Alexander is known for his role in Hulu series "Catch-22," and he has also appeared in films that include "A Most Violent Year" and "War Machine."

Along with these new cast members, season 2 will also feature much of the cast from season 1, including Steinfeld as Dickinson and Jane Krakowski as Dickinson's mother.

There is no word on when "Dickinson" season 2 will premiere, but it could be released somewhere around a year after the first season, which would put its launch in the fall of 2020.

Update: Upcoming ‌Apple TV+‌ Show "Lisey's Story" has also cast Sung Kang in the role of officer Dan Beckman, a police officer assigned to watch over Lisey's house.

Jim Lahey Avatar

Anybody get into this show? I just couldn’t.
Yes I really enjoyed it all. A curious juxtaposition of old-fashioned themes mixed with modern teenage parlance and attitude. I will be watching the second season with interest.
Ar40 Avatar

Anybody get into this show? I just couldn’t.
I loved it. Binged it all in 24 hours.

I'm not the target demo either. I'm a male middle-aged Republican.

Haven’t watched it yet, plan to over Christmas. Thing is, is the conceit on which this series is based have enough puff in it for a second series? Or does it risk jumping the shark?

or should resources have gone to a new idea? The untold shenanigans of Benny Franklin perhaps?
Once you watch it you will understand how multiple seasons makes sense. This could go 5-7 seasons easy. A ton of charisma in the cast and a lot of story to cover.

Apple shows weren’t very good.
See was just dreadful.

apple funded shows with big actors, but forgot that writers and directing are more important.

Tim should stick to making dongles, and making key boards right.

Tim - worst ceo ever! Apple TV service will merge with someone else as it’s own content sucks and will die.
Yes. Your opinion sucks. Delete this.

All 7 Apple TV+ subscribers are excited.
All 1.1 Million (and counting), you mean.
wigby Avatar

Apple shows weren’t very good.
See was just dreadful.

Tim should stick to making dongles, and making key boards right.

I just replaced ‘Apple’ with Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu etc. and it felt like time travel. Dreadful comment. Worst post ever.
zinacef Avatar

Anybody get into this show? I just couldn’t.
I loved it! Before I started watching, I had my doubts based some reviews but immediately after watching the first episode, I was hooked and plowed through about 5-6 episodes before turning in for the night.
I like the modern day spin they infused into the period piece as @Jim Lahey put it and I too am looking forward to season 2.
Allyance Avatar

Apple shows weren’t very good.
See was just dreadful.

Tim should stick to making dongles, and making key boards right.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, if you don't like it, don't watch it. I happen to like the new shows, I haven't watched "See" since I am not into that genre. Cinematography is first class, story lines are better than most of the garbage on TV, and the ability to watch entire episodes without all the pharmaceutical commercials makes the experience enjoyable. Not bad for their first stab at original content. Like I said, if you don't like it, go back to your cable channels with all the commercials.
jettredmont Avatar

Anybody get into this show? I just couldn’t.
I didn't think I'd like it at all. The whole concept reeked of "A Knight's Tale" which was both disappointing and painful to watch.

I decided to binge through it this week, and ended up really enjoying it. Looking forward to the next season!