Apple's Wearables, Home, and Accessories category, which includes devices like the AirPods and Apple Watch, set a new June quarter revenue record of $5.5 billion, up from $3.7 billion in the year-ago quarter.

Sales from Apple's wearables category helped make up for weak iPhone sales this quarter. ‌iPhone‌ revenue came in at $26 billion, down from $29.5 billion in third quarter of 2018.

apple watch trio 2019
Apple CEO Tim Cook said that wearables had an "absolute "blowout" quarter with growth well over 50 percent. Apple Watch set a new June quarter revenue record and is reaching millions of new users. More than 75 percent of buyers in the June quarter were first time Apple Watch buyers.

Apple's services category, which hit a new all-time high revenue record of $11.46 billion, also helped Apple make up for the 12 percent decline in ‌iPhone‌ revenue.

Wearables and services combined are now the size of a Fortune 50 company according to Cook. Cook also said that Apple's wearables business is larger than 60 percent of companies in the Fortune 500.

ipedro Avatar
Just as expected. I’ve been saying in this forum since before the launch of the Apple Watch that wearables were the next growth market for Apple. So far, they’ve launched 2 of the 3 expected pieces: Apple Watch and AirPods. When Glasses are added, they’ll complete the trinity and the iPhone era will dawn.

Your Watch will be your primary device. AirPods and Glasses will complement it. A slab of glass in your pocket will be entirely optional.
mannyvel Avatar
Just imagine if the Apple Watch could work with Android.
magicschoolbus Avatar
The AW has led me to dropping 25 lbs and maintain my Weight for almost an entire year now. I always fluctuated in weight. Was never out of shape- just my weight would fluctuate. It hasn’t since owning my watch.
dernhelm Avatar
Just bought an Apple Watch 4 with some unexpected bonus money. Who knew I was riding the new trend of purchasing wearables? :-) And I'm still using an iPhone 6s (and perfectly happy with it).

Seriously, though, for me, the watch just finally became interesting enough to purchase. Certain things take a lot of iterations before they can hit the feature / price / functionality sweet spot to be attractive to a large segment. Kudos to Apple for sticking with it.
Mansu944 Avatar
I say strength of the wearables is causing the decline. As for me I chose a new Apple Watch over replacing my X. I don’t think I am alone.
apolloa Avatar
I’ve had some heart issues this year and my Apple Watch has proved invaluable. It’s heart rate monitor is damn accurate and comparable to those in hospital or that the paramedics use. And I only have a series 1. I see more and more people with them now, because they work with iPhones from is it the 6 and up? Then people are keeping their old phones and grabbing the watch.