Night mode is an automatic setting which takes advantage of the new wide-angle camera that's in the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro models. It's equipped with a larger sensor that is able to let in more light, allowing for brighter photos when the light is low.
16" MacBook Pro Now Available
Siri Shortcuts Expands to American Airlines, Caviar, and Other Apps, Coming Soon to Airbnb
Apple provided us with a summary of how Siri Shortcuts works in each app:
- American Airlines: Get updates on all your flight details ("Hey Siri, flight update"). This includes flight status, drive time, a map of the airport with gate location, walking time to gate, boarding time, and more.
- Caviar: Set up a shortcut to re-order food and check order status. ("Hey Siri, order my usual pizza" or "Hey Siri, Caviar order status").
- Dexcom: Lets diabetics better track and manage glucose levels through their app ("Hey Siri, what's my blood glucose?").
- Merriam Webster Dictionary: Ask for the word of the day ("Hey Siri, what's the word of the day?")
- Spectre: You can use shortcuts to take long exposure photos hands-free ("Hey Siri, long exposure") so the phone doesn't move while shooting.
- Airbnb: Get details on your stay, including check in and check out times, address and map, and Wi-Fi password ("Hey Siri, my Airbnb stay").
- Drop for Bosch: Make your morning coffee before you get out of bed ("Hey Siri, make an espresso").
- ReSound: Change the setting of your hearing aid based on surroundings ("Hey Siri, restaurant mode").
- strong>Smarter: Make a pot of coffee using the Smarter Coffee Machine ("Hey Siri, make a small pot of coffee").
Apple's examples include Waze, Nike Run Club, Snoww, HomeCourt, AutoSleep, QardioArm, DSLR Camera, Pandora, Tile, Overcast, Evernote, Trello, Omnifocus, Things, Fantastical, Citymapper, Kayak, Hotels.com, British Airways, Lufthansa, Booking.com, VRBO, CARROT, The Weather Channel, Dark Sky, and many others.
Siri Shortcuts let you create voice and tap-activated automations that can complete multiple complex tasks in just a few seconds. The feature is available in the Settings app under Siri & Search and through the dedicated Shortcuts app.
Update: Apple has since highlighted several of these Siri Shortcuts apps in a press release.