GigSky Announces eSIM Support for iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR

GigSky, a company that offers pay-as-you-go cellular data plans in more than 190 countries around the world, today announced that it now supports the eSIM in the iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR.

eSIM-based GigSky data plans are available on Apple's new devices through the latest version of the GigSky World Mobile Data app, which was updated today.

gigskyesim
Adding a GigSky data plan when traveling can be done by downloading the app on an iPhone XR, XS Max, or XS running iOS 12.1 or later. GigSky says that built-in data connectivity will activate the eSIM with a cellular data only plan with no need to acquire a GigSky physical SIM card.

GigSky offers data bundles from 300MB to 5GB, which span from one day to 30 days. Pricing in select regions in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean starts at $10 for 300MB of data. For other countries not included in these regional plans, pricing and data caps vary.

GigSky is one of the only ways for iPhone XR, XS, and XS Max customers to use the eSIM on the new iPhones at the current time.

Apple implemented eSIM support in the recent iOS 12.1 update, but no U.S. carriers support it at this time. Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile are working to implement support later this year.

In other countries, eSIM functionality is available from various carriers, with Apple providing a list of all the carriers around the world that support the eSIM at the current time.

Tags: GigSky, eSIM

DrJohnnyN Avatar
Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile need to step up.
name99 Avatar
Since 98% of the calls I get in my cell now are robocalls, scams, etc, someone should just offer all data plans. But with more reasonable pricing that Gigsky.
GigSky and TruPhone are OBVIOUSLY services for travelers.
Stop complaining that they aren't doing the job they clearly are not set up to do of being full time US carriers.

I want to read how well they work as TRAVEL services, not yet another whine about how they aren't competitive with T-Mobile or Verizon or whatever.
[doublepost=1541680644][/doublepost]
Forgive me but I fail to see the value here.

I am in Europe on holiday and stepped into a Vodafone location. For €20 I received 10GB of data plus unlimited talk and text with coverage throughout the EU for 30 days.

Until I see a telco offer these kinds of prices I won’t be signing up.
The value is that
(a) the world is larger than Europe
(b) regardless of what Europe offers, many other countries make it a major pain for non-citizens to obtain a cheap short-duration SIM
(c) swapping a physical SIM is a hassle.
egodspeed Avatar
I am not a native english speaker but this wording sounds kinda funny?? Shouldn't it say "the only way"?
No. It's written correctly.
Khedron Avatar

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Those prices are ridiculous. Even Apple is put to shame by those margins.
[doublepost=1541625019][/doublepost]
When I go to Europe, this is what I'll use from now on. Spent 2 weeks in Bermuda and Verizon charged me $5 per day to use the data I already paid for. They charge $2 a day in Canada and I think $3 in Europe.
If you had a proper dual SIM phone just buy a local SIM and get data for 10 times cheaper
adamjackson Avatar
egodspeed Avatar
TruPhone also supports the ESIM. TruPhone and GigSky seem like small timers in comparison and even use the US carrier networks as a MVNO. So, the MVNOs know how to "ESIM" and the big timers don't? I don't get it. It's almost embarrassing how slow the US carriers are moving to get their support out there.

Verizon/Sprint/AT&T/T-Mobile? Hello? Are you there?