WWDC 2018 takes place June 4 to June 8 in San Jose, California.
Apple Watch Bands in Spring Collection Begin to Dwindle in Availability
A handful of Apple Watch bands in the limited time Spring Collection are beginning to face limited to no availability through Apple's online store in select countries, nearly two months after they were first released. At least some of the bands remain available at select Apple retail stores for walk-in purchases.
Bands listed as "currently unavailable" via Apple's online store in United States:
- 38mm Classic Buckle in Electric Blue
- 38mm Classic Buckle in Soft Pink
- 42mm Classic Buckle in Soft Pink
- 38mm Sport Band in Lemonade
- 42mm Sport Band in Lemonade
- 38mm Sport Band in Denim Blue
- 42mm Sport Band in Denim Blue
- 42mm Sport Loop in Marine Green
- 42mm Nike Sport Loop in Pearl Pink
- 38mm Nike Sport Band in Barely Rose/Pearl Pink
- 42mm Nike Sport Band in Barely Rose/Pearl Pink
Apple indicated that each of these bands would only be available for a limited time, and it's common for inventory of Apple Watch bands to fluctuate. It's unclear if availability will be replenished at some point.
The shortage of Spring Collection bands could foreshadow Apple's plans to unveil a new Summer Collection of bands, perhaps at WWDC in June, as it did last year with Sport Bands in Mist Blue, Pollen, and Flamingo, and a Pride Edition of the Woven Nylon band. Apple often refreshes its bands each season.
Looking ahead, former KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said the fourth-generation Apple Watch will feature a new design with a 15 percent larger display. It's unclear if the physical size of the Apple Watch will change, and if that will have any effect on compatibility with existing bands.