Apple Releases Fourth OS X 10.11.4 El Capitan Beta to Public Beta Testers

OS X El Capitan LogoApple today seeded the fourth beta of an upcoming OS X 10.11.4 update to public beta testers, just a day after releasing the fourth OS X 10.11.4 beta to developers and just over a month after releasing OS X 10.11.3.

The fourth beta is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store for those who are enrolled in Apple's beta testing program. Those wishing to join the program can sign up on Apple's beta testing website.

OS X 10.11.4 focuses primarily on under-the-hood bug fixes, security enhancements, and performance optimizations, but there have been a few outward-facing changes. In the Notes app, OS X 10.11.4 offers both password protected notes and an import function for importing Evernote notes. The OS X 10.11.4 update also includes Live Photos support in the Messages app.

Apple is likely to release OS X 10.11.4 in the spring, alongside iOS 9.3, watchOS 2.2, and tvOS 9.2.

Related Forum: OS X El Capitan

iOS 17

Apple Sheds More Light on iOS 17.5 Bug That Resurfaced Deleted Photos

Friday May 24, 2024 2:36 am PDT by

AppleDroid Avatar
I have held off upgrading to El Capitan and currently am still using Yosemite on a MBPro. Anyone using El Capitan on MBPro with:

Photoshop CS4
Illustrator CS4
Excel 2008
Time to update your software honestly, CS4 is 8 years old.
Guy Clark Avatar
Its FAST Its VERY FAST on my mid 2011 iMac. Admittedly I have 32GB RAM installed but running off the default 5400RPM Internal HDD 10.11.4 Public Beta 4 performance is incredible. Lets just hope this remains in the final release which cannot be too far away now.
dogslobber Avatar
Does anybody remember the time that OS X Beta builds would get 100s of comments? Nowadays it seems that OS X is dwarfed by even the iWatch OS.
[doublepost=1456272947][/doublepost]
El Crapstain
LOL You get a like for just that alone :-D
J InTech82 Avatar
I'm just curious, has anyone noticed if iTunes has been updated? When John Gruber interviewed Eddy Cue and Craig Federighi, they mentioned there would be a new version of iTunes shipping with the new version OS X. I'm sure they would not want to let the cat out of the bag so I doubt it's apart of the public beta builds.
SlainGamer Avatar

Photoshop CS4
Illustrator CS4
Excel 2008

Those are my primary applications that I worry about compatibility with when upgrading. I don't want to upgrade to Adobe and Microsoft's subscription based versions of the programs - the ones I own do the work I need just fine.

The other more minor things I use are:
MenuMeters - not supported officially in El Capitan but I have read of a work around 1.9
DejaVu
Fantastical 1.3.9
CarbonCopyCloner
GraphicConverter
Panorama360
Acrobat Pro 9 Pro
OmniOutliner 3.10.5
Fetch 5.7.5

I would be interested in reports of compatibility.
I have been using the beta releases and can say that all the applications are working fine!
cain2003 Avatar

Photoshop CS4
Illustrator CS4
Excel 2008

The other more minor things I use are:
DejaVu
Fantastical 1.3.9
CarbonCopyCloner
GraphicConverter
Panorama360
Acrobat Pro 9 Pro
OmniOutliner 3.10.5
Fetch 5.7.5

I would be interested in reports of compatibility.
Im having zero issues with any MS office software or with Acrobat at this point. Office 2015 was a big pile of disaster for me initially but it works great now. I just kept both 2008 and 2015 loaded. 2015 works much better IMHO, more inline with the Windows version so you're not stuck when a feature that exist in the WinOffice doesn't of Mac:Office now. Wish I could help out on more of those but I haven't used Photoshop or illustrator in years now. Im pretty sure my buddy, who's a professional photographer, has updated to el cap on at least his MBPr. I know he's still running Yosemite on the iMac though. But he uses the whole adobe suite on both without issues as far as I know.