Apple Continues to Provide Top-Rated Tech Support on Strength of Genius Bar

Apple had the highest overall customer satisfaction for tech support among more than 3,200 computer owners surveyed by Consumer Reports, unsurprising given the company has been top-rated for tech support since the not-for-profit organization first surveyed customers about the topic in 2007. Apple has also routinely topped multiple J.D. Power and Associates studies for customer satisfaction over the past decade.

apple_store_genius_bar_official
Apple earned high marks for the Genius Bar located at the back of most Apple retail stores, where customers can book an appointment to receive face-to-face technical support and troubleshooting for iPhone, iPad, Mac and several other Apple products and services. Consumer Reports praises the Genius Bar's free lifetime support as a differentiating factor over similar services, which generally require paying for help.

Windows-based PC makers did not receive the same accolades for tech support among survey participants:

"The help desks at Windows PC companies often didn’t live up to that name. For four of the six PC brands in the survey, tech support solved only half of the problems consumers brought to them. Even the best of them—Lenovo and Dell—came through just 61 percent of the time."

Consumer Reports found that most Windows-based PC users were most satisfied by phoning tech support rather than seeking online help through web, chat or email support. Best Buy's Geek Squad and Staples' EasyTech services were found to be a step behind the Genius Bar, given that Apple serves as both the retailer and manufacturer and is subsequently more knowledgable about its own products and support information.

Apple provides 90 days of complimentary phone and online chat support that can be extended for up to two years with an AppleCare+ Protection Plan for iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, Apple TV and other products. AppleCare+ also protects against up to two incidents of accidental damage with an applicable service charge, such as a cracked screen from dropping the device or water damage.

iPhone 15 Pro Cameras

iPhone 17 Pro Max Will Be First Model to Feature Three 48MP Cameras

Thursday July 11, 2024 12:20 am PDT by
Beyond iPhone 13 Better Blue Face ID Single Camera Hole

10 Reasons to Wait for Next Year's iPhone 17

Monday July 8, 2024 5:00 am PDT by
maxresdefault

Apple's AirPods Pro 2 vs. Samsung's Galaxy Buds3 Pro

Saturday July 13, 2024 8:00 am PDT by
Samsung this week introduced its latest earbuds, the Galaxy Buds3 Pro, which look quite a bit like Apple's AirPods Pro 2. Given the similarities, we thought we'd compare Samsung's new earbuds to the AirPods Pro. Subscribe to the MacRumors YouTube channel for more videos. Design wise, you could potentially mistake Samsung's Galaxy Buds3 Pro for the AirPods Pro. The Buds3 Pro have the same...
iPhone 16 Pro Front Update Blue

iPhone 16 Pro Rumored to Support 40W Fast Charging and 20W MagSafe

Wednesday July 10, 2024 3:57 am PDT by
Apple's forthcoming iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max will support 40W wired fast charging and 20W MagSafe charging, claims a rumor currently swirling around China. Right now, iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro models are capable of up to 27W peak charging speeds with an appropriate USB-C power adapter, while official MagSafe chargers from Apple and authorized third parties can wirelessly charge...

0815 Avatar
no surprises here - in the rare cases I had go go the the genius bar, they never met my expectations, they always went way above my expectation.
AngerDanger Avatar
So they must have met your expectations at some point on their way up, right? :p

0815 Avatar
I once brought my computer (27 iMac) in for a small repair - I didn't pack it well enough and the screen in one corner cracked and had a big spider web (it was hitting some hard part in my car - 100% my fault for being in a rush and stupid .... anyway they repaired that free of charge. I didn't even had to ask for this. Also, the machine was out of warranty, but I still didn't pay anything for the repairs.
adamw Avatar
Great to see the Apple Support Genius Bar team being recognized for their outstanding customer support.
rdlink Avatar
yeah, i lost a whole computer to a simple last-two-sits-of-a-bottle-of-beer a couple years ago. whole thing wasted, and i'm sorry, but i'm not about to sink another $1500 into replacing the insides over a 1-2 week period where i have to RENT a replacement as well. logical or not, when i get it back, i'm not gonna trust the thing for my heavy workflow on strict deadline when my rent depends on it.

i really expect some sort of water resistant seal that still allows heat dissipation on ALL laptops keyboards, soon i hope. it's just such an incredible achilles heel, i refuse to accept my $3k investments are in theory 2 seconds away from a liquid fatality.

plus, i'm pretty sure i couldv'e saved the thing if apple used normal goddam screws on the back. sometimes, your special 'apple screwdriver' is nowhere to be found. #fact
And I am not willing to accept not being able to have my toaster sitting on the edge of the bathtub while I'm in my bubble bath. :roll eyes:

Get real. You put liquids around electronics you accept the risks. Period.
unplugme71 Avatar

I don't feel bad for you.

There are two solutions to your problem.

1) Don't drink/eat next to your computer