Apple Revises Snow Leopard Security Update and Pulls 10.7.3 Delta Update

updateAfter a couple of issues with some software updates, Apple has made some quiet revisions to address the problems.

The first was a Snow Leopard security update which inadvertently caused problems with Apple's PowerPC emulation layer Rosetta. Macworld notes that Apple has since released Security Update 2012-001, version 1.1 for Snow Leopard. The new version seems to fix the PowerPC crashing issues described with the original update.

Meanwhile, the crashing/CUI errors with 10.7.3 Delta updater has also been addressed by Apple. 9to5Mac notes that Apple has responded by pulling the Delta update altogether, leaving the Combo updater alone.

The different between the Delta and Combo updaters is normally just download size alone. The Delta updater is a smaller download since it just includes the changes, while the Combo updater includes everything and weighs in at 1.3GB. The Combo updater should be available at this support page for direct download, but the page is presently not working. The direct download (1.3GB) link is still working at this time.

iOS 18 CarPlay Feature

iOS 18 Adds These 5 New Features to CarPlay

Thursday June 13, 2024 7:44 am PDT by
ios 18 button bulge

iOS 18 Adds Pop-Out Bezel Animation When Pressing iPhone Buttons

Tuesday June 11, 2024 10:40 am PDT by
iOS 18 includes a small but interesting change for the buttons on the iPhone, adding more of a visual element when changing volume, activating the Action button, or locking the screen. When you press an iPhone button in iOS 18, the display bezel bulges outward slightly. This feature is available for the volume buttons, Action button and the power button, and it will also likely be used for...
maxresdefault

First Look at Messages via Satellite in iOS 18

Thursday June 13, 2024 11:29 am PDT by
iOS 18 Wallet Feature

Here's What's New in Apple Wallet on iOS 18 for Event Tickets and More

Friday June 14, 2024 7:32 am PDT by

FroMann Avatar
I think Apple needs to hire some more/better programmers to test their OSX software rather than iOS.
AlexJaye Avatar
A complete mess, that is.
rmwebs Avatar
I can tell that no none commenting has ever worked with software development.

Mistakes happen, its impossible to test for every single system. Its not like every person has these issues, its a select few. You can test all day in the lab but until something is released in the wild the developers will NEVER be able to know if more bugs are present in their code or not.

As a software developer I do agree with you for the most part, but Apple took 24 hours to simply pull the update. Given that we knew about 30 minutes after the update was released that it was majorly flawed, its pretty poor that it took them that long to pull it.
usptact Avatar
As time passes, I am getting an impression that developers at Apple are under *immense* pressure. This leads to quite evident bugs like this.
linuxcooldude Avatar
With the profits apple is making there is no excuse for this. They should have a team devoted to specific aspects of their software, or at the very least, to Mac OS X. I'm a programmer and I have specific parts of our software I know very well, and I work on them almost exclusively. If someone has a problem with them, I usually can help or solve it. If I fix something of someone elses, I may learn it well enough to do what I need to do, but a few weeks down the road if I need to answer some questions about it or do something else with it, its almost like I have to learn it all over again. Not exactly the most productive way of coding, and this sort of thing leads to the mistakes we are seeing.

So all of the software you and your team that has been used by the public has had 0% bugs that needed to be fixed after its been released?
notMordecai Avatar
The problem with this whole debacle is that, yes sometimes this can happen with any release, but that fact is:

1) This is Apple
2) This is a major release
3) It's one hell of broken release

I work for an insurance and banking company as a software developer and you cannot imagine how many times we check our stuff before a release. I am not sure on Apple's release schedule but our's is monthly. If I recall correctly, Facebook has weekly releases.

I am sure Apple is doing everything they can in regards to damage control. Although they are essentially cleaning up the damage from a 1 ton bomb.