Apple today released Time Capsule and AirPort Base Station Firmware Update 7.4.2, addressing several networking issues.
The Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, and AirPort Express Base Station with 802.11n* Firmware 7.4.2 update provides several fixes, including:
- Fixes some problems with extending and maintaining connectivity with extended networks
- Fixes an issue with clients that enable 802.11 "Power Save"
- Fixes connectivity issues with some third-party devices
- Fixes an issue when the base station is configured for PPPoE
- Fixes some Back To My Mac issues with connectivity and support for third-party routers
As described in the support document covering Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, and AirPort Express base station firmware updates, users should launch AirPort Utility in order to download and install the updates. Apple recommends that users have AirPort Utility 5.4.2 installed on their computers before they attempt to apply the 7.4.2 update.