Refreshed internals, lower price point possible.
Apple Issues Update Signaling iPhone Compatibility With AT&T's MicroCell
- Enhanced coverage indoors - supports both voice and data up to 5000 square feet.
- Available unlimited minute plans - Individual or Family Plan.
- 3G handset compatible - works with any AT&T 3G Phone.
- Up to 4 simultaneous voice or data users supported.
- Device is secure - cannot be accessed by unauthorized users, easy and secure online management of device settings
- Seamless call hand-over - start calls on your 3G MicroCell and continue uninterrupted even if you leave the building.
AppleInsider recently reported on AT&T's plans to deploy the 3G MicroCell technology and compared their so-called "femtocell" offering to related services provided by other carriers. Sprint's AIRAVE device costs $99.99, with an additional $4.99 monthly access fee and additional optional fees to upgrade to unlimited calling via the device, while Verizon's Network Extender device costs $249.99 upfront with no monthly fee.