Signing up for an Apple News subscription can be done in the U.S. or Canada on an iPhone or iPad running iOS 12.2. Here's how:
- Open up the Apple News App.
- Tap on the "News+" tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on "Get Started."
- Choose "Try It Free" to initiate a trial subscription. You'll be charged $9.99 per month when the 30-day trial period ends.
- Confirm your payment with Face ID or Touch ID.
There are a selection of stories that are curated by Apple's editors and organized to highlight specific articles.
Apple News+ magazines provide animated covers and a table of contents right up top so you can select the articles that are most interesting to you.
The rest of the Apple News interface features rich, full-screen imagery and a digital-optimized reading experience for key stories.
Cancelling your Apple News+ Subscription
If you want to cancel your Apple News+ subscription so you don't get charged $9.99 per month after your trial period ends, here's how:
- Tap on the "Following" tab in the Apple News app.
- Tap on "Manage Subscriptions."
- Tap on "Cancel Free Trial."
Apple News+ content can be read on iPhone, iPad, and Mac, with iOS 12.2 or macOS 10.14.4 required. You can also sign up for an Apple News+ subscription using these same steps in the Apple New+ tab in the macOS Mojave app.